1988 Luhrs Sold-Sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greg is out of town presently

I have been on this boat on many occasion's from the early 2000's till late last season

Tommy Germain has been a local captain who did a few trips each season as well as holding down a full time job since he has owned the boat new.

Never ran a ton of trips and never spared a cent for upkeep and preventative maintenance

The boat fishes very well and is one of them boats that always managed the lions share of fish, especially Kings, never salt water

I never recall any problems with this boat, stored inside, fresh bottom paint and waxed each year, regular oil changes, any maintenance it ever needed it received asap, The local to Oswego Rookie Brother mechanics performed all maintenance

All electronics work great and just installed the new X4, Tommy even kept the spiders out of this boat, lol

I remember the boat to cruise in the low 20's, Tommy never opened it up and we would fish together 10 or more times a season

Ballpark figure I believe to be around 20 to low 20g

Sort of sad to see Tommy part with it, I feel if he doesn't sell it he just may be putting her back in the water in the future (IMO)

If you would like to chat further you could call me 315-207-0391, Tommy is a close friend to almost all local captains, or call Tommy 315-343-4852

steph.jpg

Steph fighting one of a double aboard the Little Whip back in 04'

Tom

thanks for the info tom. i saw it at the docks today and was told by a captian friend of mine (gerry bresadola)that she is a good boat. i grew up working the boats in my teens and have been thinking of getting back into it part time (its in my blood and i've never stopped fishing) but dont have the option to dump a 100 grand on a new vessel and my 17' alumacraft can only do so much :) . 20 is def in my range, but i have a couple others im looking at for a little less and a couple for a little more. its really going to come down to the best boat and gear for the money. i'd like to take a better look at her sometime and compare her to others i've looked at and will be looking at.

thanks again for the info,

greg

Sounds good Greg

I looked for my current boat for 2 years

Make sure you find what your looking for

For a closer inspection you will need to contact Tommy, he'll let you look through the boat

An investment of this nature should always require a survey, that will tell you sometimes what we can't or don't know, once your serious it could be the best $500 to $800 you'll ever spend, I am sure upon a serious gesture Tommy could warrant a test ride/drive

There is a real good Captain/Surveyor from out West of here Bob Songin, let me know if you need a contact #

Tom

• 1 month later...

no need to bump this one anymore troubles. i'm very proud to say that i'm the new owner of the little whip! just finishing up some details this week, but all is basically done and she will be fishing by next weekend. she'll be staying in oswego at the port marina, so stop by and say hello if you see me at the docks.