Gambler and Missdemeanor joined us today for some derby fishing. Went west first thing and tried in close for browns, only to be frustrated in many ways. We only did a few fish in there and we had both of our walker planer boards dive to the bottom at one time or another. These boards have a design flaw I will get into on another day. We then went north to the green water between 80 and 130fow. Hooks everywhere from 40' to just off the bottom. We changed everything over to more of an offshore set up and picked at some fish. We did a couple teenage lakers,couple coho's and a bow. We also had a couple misses on the dipsey and top line. Best lures offshore were the small cindy Bomber and (super glow) frog Yeck spoons.Maybe Matt can post a couple pics he took.

We had a great time fishing together and I'll be back out for a charter in the am. Good luck!

Scott, I know you don't want to hear it but........"Otters".

Its too bad the fish we marked didn't want to chew. It would have been ugly. Scott and Hans, thank you for the nice day on the water. See you guys at the Red Cross.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Matt,

We ran Steve's Otters last weekend cause our Walker boards had the same issue Scott's boards did...diving...but the Otters surf so far forward that getting the releases to go down the line was a chore. Is there a way to adjust them to run more behind the boat? I like the boards, but the $$$$! Yesterday we ran our 20-yr old wooden super skis and they worked great, still the Otters look like the bomb in rough water.

Gator

The trick with otters is the 1/2 keel attachment. They pull like a champ. If your releases won't go down, just bump up your speed a little and they will fly down. The half keels are awesome and have proven themselves in 3 to 4 fters.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Gamble just isn't happy unless he has one of those slime balls in his hands....

Nice report.

Aint that the truth :lol:

Nice report and pics :yes: I hope you put the Lakers back so Fishinman can catch them :D

Shawn

:@:@:devil::no::no: Love blood from a laker!

Hey nice hats by the way did you call each other before you went out to see what to wear :rofl:

Matt,

We ran Steve's Otters last weekend cause our Walker boards had the same issue Scott's boards did...diving...but the Otters surf so far forward that getting the releases to go down the line was a chore. Is there a way to adjust them to run more behind the boat? I like the boards, but the $$$$! Yesterday we ran our 20-yr old wooden super skis and they worked great, still the Otters look like the bomb in rough water.

Gator

250lb Power pro....the release will slide right down and the boards will pull better.

I'm with Gator. I don't think I like the Otters running even with the boat when running 4 or 5 flatlines off each side. My lures are running to even and I'm having fish snag the next closer line when they release and drop back to the chute. I'm gonna figure out how to to get the V-pattern with the Otters so that the lures are each more behind each other so when they release and drop back they already clear the closer line. I do not stagger the setbacks on each line since this is not feasible when you're catching fish and sliding the releases down. I never had this problem running my older boards that trailed back some in a V-pattern.

I'm gonna change back to the "even running" setting for summer with one or two copper or leadcore on each side though.

For whatever its worth I had Walker boards as well( not sure if the same as you currently have) anyway, I had big issues with them. I bought the otters and I must say I love them. We do have some issues with the releases sliding down, but as Rick said, use power pro line. I have used the power pro on Jax's boat and it works well. Call Big Jon, they have blemished boards for sale at a lower price than retail from time to time. Other than the color being off, they are perfectly functional. Hope this helps.

Lou

Matt,

Gator

Kieth,

Get rid of the regular plainer board line and go with 250lb test power pro and your releases will fly down the line. Scott, Thanks for the good day on the water.