Dad and I hit the lake again yesterday and the lake pitched us a no no. Started in tight heading west towards Wilson and despite nice looking water, (colored but not muddy) and 50 deg on the surface, we had no bites other than the bottom taking one of our sticks.

After a while we moved out to 50-80 fow and had great picture with bait and hooks, but couldn't move a rod. a number of charters were all working the same area, seeming just trolling in fairly tight circles like they were working a pod of fish which we did as well, but couldn't buy a bite.

Not sure what we were doing wrong yesterday but hopefully we shook the skunk off for the season.

Sorry Pepe, but you're not invited on the boat anymore this season

pepe-lepew.jpg

Tim

Boy you just made me feel better. Hit Olcott Saturday and half a day Sunday. Started shallow running sticks and spoons on boards and riggers. NOTHING! Went out to 70-80 feet and caught one Coho and a Steelhead. The Coho came on a cheater and the steelhead on a wire dipsey with spoon. Sunday started with a bang as we nailed a decent Coho on a diver with a J11 firetiger in 42' after about 10 minutes. That was it for the day and we headed home about 1:00. I marked what I assumed were lakers in 60-80' and they were there by the hundreds, but I couldn't get a bump regardless of lure or speed. Better days ahead!!! :)

Man you guys have made me feel better also. We hit Olcott on Friday morning till 2:30 and again on Saturday morning till 11:30. Friday we got a coho right out of the shoots and then went three hours with nothing and then finally at 10:30 am we took a BIG king so we ran in to get weighed up. It was only 18. Went back out and did nothing. Saturday we fished for almost five hours and i got SKUNKD. PEPEE go away :@

TIM, Friday was a tough day at the Oak as well, no pepe but a lot of slow boat ride. Tried a king and Laker setup west of port in morning and got one coho. Afternoon to the east of port and went a long way with the screen looking like we were at the drive-in in the middle of January.

Finnaly after trolling for a couple hours with seven rods out all rigged with Laker stuff, 120 fow we ran through a pod of lakers out from the flats and five rods went off. One fish made it in the boat, one dropped at the back and the others were knockoffs nobody home....that was it ...really slow last Friday.

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We fished Friday-Sunday. Friday afternoon trip 3 cohos just east of Wilson 30-40ft of water. Saturday we ran to the can and caught 6 lakers and 7 cohos but no kings. Sunday we went to the can again and caught 1 laker (22lbs6oz) good enough for 4th place in the LOC.

Any reports out of Olcott This week?

We are heading up next Thursday and fishing through Sunday for Kings. I havent seen any posts all week from the Olcott area. Hopefully I will not be posting this title also(We sucked).

Anybody else gonna be up around Olcott at the end of next week?

There are a couple of reasons you haven't seen any reports, 1)the Wilson Harbor Invitational was this past weekend and everyone was in lockdown mode and 2) the fishing has REALLY sucked for just about everybody. I believe only 24 of the 77 boats in the WHI had fish to weigh in, and only 2 of those had their 6 fish box with 3 boats that had 5. Most that had a box to weigh in at all were 1 or 2 fish and most of us got no kings at all.

Good luck, but the weather forecast is for rain and E-NE winds all week again, so I don't expect it will turn around any time soon.

Tim

Thanks Tim, we plan on heading up Thursday afternoon but from the sounds of it, might be better to just cancel reservations and plan for another week. Your right,I just looked at the weather for all this week and calling for rain and East wind. I can handle the rain but that East wind :no::no::no: