Seneca North End Monday 5/9

Well finally got back out after a month of no time or crappy weather :@ Fished the east side pulling wire. Right off the bat one of the planer boards passed right by a surfacing fish and soon as he got to where I figured the stickbait to be it was fish on! Def. a brown or rainbow, lost hime b4 I could tell. Water temps still in the 40's were an obstacle, but managed to go 6/9 all lakers in a short 2 hrs fished.All fish came in 80-90 fow. Kept a couple for the grill. The pic below is my daugter who just turned 2 and I found out LOVES FISH! :yes: I have a pic of myself and my dad when I was her age with a laker as well, here is grandpa and her. Hopefully she will be holding her own fish this time next year :D

kayla_and_fish.jpg

Nice going Kevin! Thanks for posting! I've yet to make it out on Seneca this year...this is crazy! Nice to know they are there though.

One of my 3 girls gets motion sick like her mom...I have to find a way to work that out!

Great report Kevin, Looking forward to Sampson, My little one is 14 now and is so excited about being out fishing whenever he can. I big part of that was Kevin and his father Bill taking time to invite us along on fishing trips. The last one Bills grandson also went with us, the boys were on the lines and we lost some fish that may have been boated with some one else on the line but even if no fish were caught it was a day I will never forget with the excitement I saw with those boys. That is what makes taking a child fishing so fun and needed to keep new generations excited about the outdoors.

Side note my son can not sit still for a class in school but in the last 3 years he has sat in a tree stand or blind with me on some not so nice days and never complained or moved a bit. He always said he wanted to move to Texas cause they can hunt deer at 12 now so excited he will have his chance this year.

Do yourself a favor and take a kid fishing. It is something you will never forget and just may change someones thinking about the outdoors.

Good going Kev. I started taking my son Mark with me at age 2 1/2 both in the boat and ice fishing (shorter times :>) and he and are are still fishing partners. I tried with my daughters and everything was fine until Middle School when they discovered boys :>)

Good luck to you and your dad in the upcoming Derby. Hope to see you out there. Les