laker tips?

hi gentlemen, i have been trying to help a buddy with some tactics and tips that put lakers in the boat on lake O to use on his home waters in colorado, he's a guide and a good fisherman but hes had a rough go of it lately, the trouble is not finding the fish as he does most days but getting them to eat has been a problem lately, we've gone over long drop backs, color changes, i got him to start running flasher flies and they've caught a couple but he's still in a long slump! the lake has very clear water and lots of big lakers and a good population of year classes, does anyone know of any secret little nuggets, presentations, or lures/baits that i may not know about that could help him? i dont really target lakers but i catch plenty, however i know awhile back before the decline many of you did..... anybody got anything? i really appreciate any help

fisheye007

Your friend in Colorado most likely has Kokanee in those lakes. If that is the case then the Suick Wrangler is his best bet. The CKJ-8Baitfish , CKJ-6 Erine Walleye and the CKJ-1 Sucker have been my best on the lakes in Oregon I fish for Lakers/Mackinaw. Have him run them 50' off the ball with a down speed of 1.9 to 2

Copper line is another deadly tool out west here for Lakers/Mackinaw. running the same hard body baits.

fisheye007

The only Kwickfish I like for West Coast Lakers/Mackinaw are the rainbow broken back have been deadly as well as the Suick Wranglers. The Wranglers have out fished the Kwickfish for me on any given day.

Put the Wrangler on copper line and hold on

2u8vsds.jpg

x1yurq.jpg

161goki.jpg

3r4pd.jpg

2w7mjja.jpg

2sadnp1.jpg

2myaykj.jpg

14t4sk9.jpg

xo1gk5.jpg