skunkaroo!!! man - after the huge one i lost and the nice king i caught the first time out (last tuesday), my second and third trips were hard and empty. Both days i fished from sunrise until 10 or 11 - from 80-180 fow and nothing - not even a strike!!! i hope that first day wasn't just beginner's luck. i ran riggers, lead core and dipseys, mostly spoons today, but also a spin doctor and fly for a while.

i'll be back... my perseverance will pay off eventually!

best of luck to the rest of ya'll,

dre

drem.,keep your chin up assuming you were running straight lead (no drop weights) a full core put you 40 to 50 ft outa the temp zone (to shallow and warm water). till we get a good south wind for 2 or 3 days your gonna need to get your stuff down in the 100 to 115 ft range thats 120 to 130 on the riggers with 10 lb weights and 20 lb test line at 2.7mph down speed your cables should be swung back near 45degree angle if you dont have down probe park that green spinny with green hyptonest (SIGGS RIG) fly 22" leader 10 ft back from ball and runstraight out to 130 to 150 ft water set up and troll east 2 to 4 mi (the flats) to the glass house youll see it, and you wont be skunked next time, get a R&R grape dot watermelon if sunny and a purple glow in the am down there too check the oak site for more accurate reports but this program should almost guarentee ya a fish ..Ray K.

that sucks i was out at the oak saturday we went 15 for 22 lost 1 steelie and a 25 plus king at the back of the boat any spoon with purple did the trick took 6 fish on the dipsy out 240 spin doctor with the pro tourny fly by atomick on the rigger they were down 94 to 64.

the grapdot is a predomanitly purple face so in my little mind its not a watermelon the mfg probly did a typo as they were naming that spoon,i see you found another excuse for that 3 mile chumline outa sodus,man you get a tiny chop outa the west and its night night ,barf city just once i would like to take a photo of you actually awake and fighting a fish,if you want any of your triple thret breakfast back ill scrape it off the side of the boat , next time work on your projection and distance ,next time you address your captain start with sir....dont make me jump up and punch you in the kneecap again :evil:

Hi Ray,

thanks very much for the advice - I will definitely try it.

some of the posts last week mentioned catching salmon down as little sa 35 or 40, and the king i landed was only 35 down. did the recent weather turn the lake over or drastically change how the temps are laid out in the water column?

thanks,

andre

when the lake (turns)hmmm first 39deg water is the heavest lets start there.dont know why i assume that temp has the ability to attract sompting in that lake to make it heaver ,sooo ya got 100 ft of heavy water on the bottom with 45 ft of lighter warmer water sitting on top of it and alls well ,,now ya get a good (or bad) north wind and it blowes a bunch of warm water towards shore as it stacks up on top it forces the cold water deeper and out and your warm water is now 100 ft thick and your 39deg stuff is 45 ft thick at the same location. thats why 1 week your fishing 45 ft and the next your 100 ft down, youll hear someone on the radio say there heading out to find good water where the 39 deg. water is still down a reasonable trolling depth.a steady south wind has the oppisit effeck blowing the warm water out and allowing the cold water to be sucked back in and up....the bad of a north wind is fishing with lots of cable out the good is it narrows the thermo and stacks the fish in a narrower line which also means your perfect depth is critical but the fishing should be good if your in the "zone" extreme north or south wind ant good caus the change happens fast and kinda shocks the fish.usually a flip occures in warmwaether due to the warm water geting thicker thus top heavy causing the lake to flip in a matter of hours the top can go from 75deg to 45 deg over nite sorta like taking a boat and moving the engine to the roof piec by piece after it gets top heavy it flips fast .do some internet homework and yourr find some good drawings to help clarify my rambling ..hope this helps Ray K.