Lake Erie Perch

jimski2

Awesome off Dunkirk Saturday. Would have like a few less of the smaller ones, but with the air

bladder messed up, not much you can do. 60 fow. Live minnows.

John

Well the weekend was wicked evil with weather.

We did get out today, swells were certainly different. No waves, but swells. Got rained on quite a bit. Seen 2 other boats. larry was that you in that tracker?

Anyway, fun time on the water. Got 1 -6 inch perch on a dropshot jackall. Go figure. Navy brother couldnt make it to fleet week a few weeks back. We still seen the ships from the water which was nice.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where would be the closest launch to the perch grounds for me. I have a 14' deep V grumman and the marine forcast looks good this week. I have been on Seneca shoal with this boat out of the SBH but I would rather find some place closer. I have even been out of the Cat. but that is a long drive. Any suggestions. Thanks.

The perch schools off Crystal Beach only moved about 100 yds in from 55ft to 53ft today.Caught my 25 jumbo perch in an hour and 10 minutes,freezer is getting packed on one side, time for walleye next.I hope to get a few night trips in before muskie season, busy on weekends with northern pike & tiger muskie trips now.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Launch at the Town of Tonawada Boat Launch at River Rd & Sheridan Dr..Turn up river, staying in the channel go past Chevy water intake building, where the pedestrian walk crosses over Niagara Street to the river walk and the tall sign with the two red lights marking the channel center for ships, the Ontario Bar is right infront.

Capt Larry

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We were thinking of going out for Perch this weekend, out on Lake Erie. We launch out of the Small Boat Harbor. Anyone know the best times & places where we might have some luck? What's the best depths to try? I'm planning on getting some Golden Shiners for bait. Are the Perch hitting them? Has anyone had any luck with those "GULP" (Emerald Shiners) bait? 

Thanks.