Lake Erie Perch

jimski2

• 2 weeks later...

The New York DEC reported that perch fishing in New York's waters of Lake Erie is now the major fishing activity this year. More boat trips are counted as perch fishing than all others and thanks to LOU for supporting this activity.Over 16,000 views on this site helped make this activity possible and thanks to all who contribute their knowledge and reports.

• 3 months later...

Looking for any info on perch fishing in the upper river.  Anyone know of any bites anywhere?  Specifically, any action around the Ontario bar or in any of the local marina shore fishing sites?  Any info is much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

The Southtowns Walleye Club Perch Tournament yesterday had a great turnout and calm waters. Good concentrations of perch were found on rock piles but things were slow if you were not exactly on top of them. I saw one five perch bag weighed in at over seven pounds. A lot of big perch came in for the perch dinner served from the day's catch.

Saturday we joined the fleet of 40+ boats fishing for perch in 50 ft of water off Point Abino in Canadian waters of Lake Erie. The bottom was covered with perch on the depthsounder,the bite was slow and the perch were grabbing emeral shinners on perch rigs very lightly,every fish was lightly lip hooked.You had to drop your perch rig to the bottom and lightly lift ,when you felt weight set the hook,there were no feeling of bites,they were not stealing the emerald shinners either.But you had to be directly on bottom to catch them,they always came on the bottom hook of the perch rig.We did manage to catch a 5 gallon bucket full,some were jumbino's!

post-144733-0-00522900-1400454930_thumb.jpg

Edited by mostlymuskies

The perch are hitting very good this morning in 50 ft waters off Point Abino.At this rate of catch, some double headers, I should have my 50 perch in less then 2 hours.Their taking both bottom and top emerald shinners hooked off the perch rig with red beads.

Edited by mostlymuskies

This morning the perch are still hitting emerald shiners on perch rig with red beads placed right on bottom in 50 ft of water off Point Abino. Some double headers and some that are over a lb in size.Should have my 50 perch in 2 hours or less!

Sounds good. We tryed near the departure bouy on Thursday. Fog was brutal and so was the perch bite. We will have to head down to albino this week. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United. Pj100h

My daughter and I fished out of the Catt yesterday morning in 55 FOW and wound up with 75 perch in the cooler. The weather was perfect, and the fish cooperated at a decent pace. Emeralds on the bottom were the ticket.... many perch were spitting up small gobies, and the perch pack was spread from about 50 to 60 straight out of the harbor. seemed like not many boats strayed from the group.... One female still had eggs. Fun day.

Two old coots came in yesterday with 100 perch caught between 2:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Off the Evangola White Wall, fifty foot of water, their graph showed good fish on the bottom. One rod fishing was all they could handle  since the fish were on as soon as the sinker hit the bottom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...