Lake Erie Perch

jimski2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The perch have been good to excellent for the past two weeks generally out in about 64'.  I suspect that this hard blow will change that around but when the weather settles, they should be schooled in pretty solid again. Be advised that the Hanover launch and cleaning station will be closed for a few days soon while some dredging takes place. The state launch at the Cat will remain open.

Numbers change every minute. Use your graph and search them out. West of Evangola in depths of 62 to72 foot work lately but cold nights can bring the perch in closer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thats good, I only have the small boat tomorrow and did not really want to head out to 72.  

I got a call from Cindy at the Hanover launch yesterday.  The scheduled dredging and closing of the launch will not happen this year. I guess they were delayed in Barcelona and also, they are not allowed to interfere with any steelhead run.

I have a 19 seanymph .It has a back up trolling motor along with a 120 evinrude.Is that big enough for lake erie witha good forcast.I have a 26 searay but it would cost alot to trailer it to erie.maybe next summer I could bring it for a few weeks.I hear the perch and walleye are thick this year.

I have a 19 seanymph .It has a back up trolling motor along with a 120 evinrude.Is that big enough for lake erie witha good forcast.I have a 26 searay but it would cost alot to trailer it to erie.maybe next summer I could bring it for a few weeks.I hear the perch and walleye are thick this year.

I have been fishing Erie this summer in my 19.5 gls I have not had a problem.A couple days it was pretty ugly but have made it out every time so far.Watch the forecast and hope for the best.Went on Monday solo picked up a few nice Perch while trolling.The guys fishing for them looked like they were doing well.I only managed 2 eyes.I couldn't keep the Whiteys off my line with the harnesses.I switched to spoons and that didn't even slow them down.I was doing good on Eyes all summer last few trips have been hit or miss.Get Emeralds and worms fish the eyes early if it doesn't pan out fish for the Perch.  

Went to Erie Saturday 9/27 for the first time. Caught our limit in a few hours. Was fast and furious for about 2 hours couldn't keep our poles in the water. Best part was there was only one other boat in our area compared to the seventy north of us. Biggest was 13.5 inches most over 10. Check out the screen shot of the Lowrance. Awesome fishing will be back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-155817-14119547904574_thumb.jpg

post-155817-14119548088969_thumb.jpg

Was out Sunday trolling for steelies out of Catt creek. Saw the armada out in 65ft the few I spoke to sounded like they did pretty well. My three yr old dragged in this pretty steelie in 47ft of water on a purple and pink spoon down 25. Had multiple rigger fires with no one home. Dragged a white bass for who knows how long. Was beautiful out there. post-153876-14120289494927_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Another unbelievable day out there in front of the Cat. Slowed down and took a real hard look at that 62' range, but no bait and no fish. Moved to a nice location in 72 and found them. At times the scream was completely covered from bottom up to 20'. I switched to all artificial with a 3/4 oz buckshot lure as my "sinker" and a couple of plastics above. Most of the time, it never made it to the bottom.

The best part though, was we were all alone with the two small fleets over a mile away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have any info on Sturgeon point on lk. erie? Can the launch be used? & has anyone been out for perch, we are planning on going for perch on Monday. Any info. about the launches at the Catt. Thanks for any info.

Edited by lineman49

Was out of Sturgeon Pt. This past Monday, docks are pulled but you can launch. Be careful of the black ice at end of launch. Fishing was great, went out to 63 ft. With no results, ended up in front of the point starting at 43 and drifting to 55ft. 48 to 50 ft black bass all good size from 3 to 6 lbs, micro jigs tipped with minnows. From 53 to 55 ft perch, big perch 12 to 15 inches. Ended up with 35.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app