Spider Wire Invisibraid

put 50lbs test on my curado and fished it 3 times...its already staind and fraying and the line has little kinks in it which causes it to stick together on the spool so when I go to cast it it catches like a birdsnest but its not nesting up....pretty pissed considering i paid good money for it and now i already have to change it out. are all the spider wire braids like this or can i feel confident i wont get ripped off if i put stealth or camo braid on there?

I use nothing but their ultracast or stealth lines. love it...smooth and suppple. tried others like power pro and hated them.

the plain invisibraid is the spiderwire version of fireline, which is not braid at all, its dyneema. cant stand it myself. threw out all my fireline

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I've always been a 65lb kinda guy. works for me. someone will probably chime in about how I'm going to loose a lure if I birdsnest or tighten down my drag when trolling, but hasn't been an issue thus far.

is the 832 smooth? I cant stand the zzz on the guides with lower thread count lines like PP. One of my other big concerns when I was considering the 832 was just how limp it might be, since dyneema lines like fireline are somewhat stiff.

I only had a chance to try out on the water one time last year at the very end of the season. My impression was that it performs a lot like Power Pro. I continue to use for the beginning of this season but have always contemplated giving the ultracast a try. Tried Firewire for a while but I snapped off a lure or two on a backlash and haven't used it since. Never had that issue with 832 or PP.

give it a try...its like 8 thin strands woven together vs PP at 4 or 5 thicker strands, which is why its smoother. once the teflon wears off after a few uses, its a really nice, limp line. couldn't get ultracast last time and went with the stealth, very similar IMHO but haven't used it enough to break it in yet

no, thats the ultracast invisibraid...stay away from anything with invisibraid in the name! anything thats white is the stuff like fireline.

you want the plain ole ultracast, or even stealth if you like. those are the green traditional braided lines-may come in yellow too. not sure about the camo line, but that just seems like a marketing gimmic to me.

I got that 50lbs test for my pike rod and im just going to change it out for 50 or 65 lbs stealth or the camo line. I have the 80lbs power pro on my xh rod ive only used it a couple times but so far not bad. lesson learned no more white lines