Charter Captains License

Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I'm looking into get a Charter Captain's License and would like to know which way to go. On line to get it or go to the classes that the Coast Guard puts out. Thanks.

Bob

I just took the class and test through SeaTech Marine this past March. I would recommend them. I also took the CPR and 1st aid classes through them as well.

The Rochester guys for Sea Tech do a real good job with the class time. One suggestion though, if Daniels volunteers to submit your applications for you, beware. A few of the guys in my class sent them to him with the checks and the checks were lost. They ended up driving to Buffalo, picking up the apps. which were not sent to Coasties and delievered it themselves, as most of the rest of us did from the class. That was three years ago. That was the only downside to the class for me. Oh, Daniels promised us nice Sea Tech embroidered hats for grad, we never saw either. All of our classes with the exception of first aid was in Rochester at a Hampton Inn but we had to drive to Buffalo to test. Our first aid was held in Canandaigua. Sharpen your pencils........