Huge Carp!!

Deaf Fisherman

I just bagged huge carp today! 39 inchers with 27 inch girth. Absolute beast fish! The scale said it was 35 pounds. :yes: I couldn't believe it after 30-45 minutes of fight. After i netted him, carp still have fighting power left and bend my net in half until I grabbed the net lines. Then dragged to nearby shore and took photo. I barely can lift it after that power fighting. Oh man, I am really wiped out and I just realized I have to paddle back home. :( But I gave it couples of breaks and fishing along paddle way to home.

I saw couple bigger one out there along with my carp that was caught. But forget it, man! I will after those fish sometime later, not today. I was physical worn out. I need that kind of fighting pain. It is only beginning for me. :beer:

017.jpg

018.jpg

I caught it on 10 pound line. 8):yes:

Wow thats a real nice one! :yes: They are a ton of fun to catch especially the bigger ones like that. I usually fish a park near my place for em on a summer nights, cheapest canned corn for 39 cents a can...bait up a number 4 hook on 8 pound test, chum a couple times and let em fly. Cant wait for it!

Ray - That's awesome. I could have take you along but I don't have a boat. I always work on Commerical boat and Charter. Maybe in couple of years before I will buy my first boat, I'll definitely take you along. :yes:

p.s. you are being wrong about main run. This date (aug 13th-29th) is exactly when serious holy cow Stripers run. But previous that date, all babies are everywhere with one or two cows along them. My biggest stripers always taken in whole month of August.

Ill have my flatback with 4 hp do any sneak around p town to the bay or ya gotta hit the big water ...and i have a friend near brewster who is big on ssurf fishing..maybe ill bring acouple surf rods too I use the launch (think hemingway road or something like that) just past the fort headin to p town ,cross the backwater and have the whole beach (island) south of "Coastguard beach" to my self.well almost i see fish bustin in the curl all the time just never targeted them..

Yeah, you can sneak around in P-town. I have been see someone who catching 50lbs at there consistly for couple of years. I couldn't figured it out. Nor I can catch some big'um at there. except cods.

All my monster bass was caught in Chatham and Brewster on wire/hair-jig on nearby shore or far out at less three miles. (cannot fish in federal water for stripers) even through I caught one striper bass in 30 pound range while trolling for BFT at 15 miles offshore.

their is a big rip off the point of p-town problem is ive haerd it can go from sorta calm to 6 ft rollin current when tid gets in full swing toss in a few great whites and ill go for smaller ones and battle the seals or the surf.. just remember ya gotta use 15lb mainline and 12lb leader to compare fishing numbers and light duty rods.........if you do that the capt. will toss you in for shark bait........... :o

Yeah, it is at northwest point of Ptown shore.

If you fish west of Ptown shore, You will find cliff spot maybe 300-500 feet away from beach at where boat crowd is, It is drop-off from 50-100 feet. Bunch of stripers on there. on occasion, you might will see BFT jumping around. :yes: