Congrats to the winners. That is some tough fishing. I think its time for Tom to start the oswego invitational for august ;) where the big fish roam

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

musta kinda stunk # of fish overplaced weight... kinda different... looks like if ya had 6 no matter what the weight yer in the money 6 -3lbrs hey i might of done that unless their was a weight restriction..

Yea with names like that Jonnie cash would of never wrote "a boy named sue"

Man....thought it was just me when I was out Tuesday. The bar was giving me a skunk and the east wind had everything mixed up with six footers. Three hours and a 1.5 mile troll west then back east and a loop in shallow to out deep and had one knockoff at the red can. Must be a whole posse of skunks out there still. :dull:

Mark

Yes very tough conditions. We were one of many boats that did not weigh in!! Reason only boated one fish all day and that was a 4 pound alantic. So. Much for begin in the Calcutta. Thank god the Pro-Am is 3 weekends away. Can you say Coho boxes??

Here is my take on it for those that were not there. Incredible amounts of bait are in that area now. Arriving and departing smelt, alewives all over the top of the shelf and in the top 50' off the shelf. The water isn't warm enough to condense the bait, nor has it been stable enough. If a team was able to locate a concentration of KINGS, they were competitive and would play. Those stragglers on the ledge were well fed and nearly impossible to turn. They were the downfall of many teams, including ours. Good numbers of other species remain but things won't shape up until the east wind stops.

Congrats to Kevin and his volunteers on a smooth first event. Congrats to the teams that put a box together, it was well earned.

A huge undertaking, I personally would like to see this event go to some kind of 2 day format. The shindig/awards was great, with the boat house doing a fabulous job. The sponsors definitely got their bang for their buck with the displays and audio visual presentations. Kevins vision of bringing saltwater style hoopla to Lake O was realized.

See everyone at the Pro-Ams.

PLENTY of hooks to fish over from Weller to 4-mile! As Vince said, lots of bait. My take was the east wind or lack there of was not moving the water around. Completely stagnant. Low oxygen meant lethargic fish that were well fed. Did not see any streaking, just hooks stationary. Even in the smelt schools on the bottom, there were hooks just sitting on top of them. It is no coincidence that the winning team was fishing in the oxygen rich waters in front of the green can. Congrats to the winners....ballzy move to fish there. Congrats to Kevin on a great event and tablefare!!! To those wanting to fish the coming weekends.....wait for some West winds and WATCH OUT, the fishing should be great. Nobody took fish in the ESLO or this tournament so there are a lot of fish in the system. Special thanks to Lake O for giving me the first skunk of the year ;(;(:no::no:

Congrats to Kevin and his team for putting an oustanding event together. :clap::clap::yes::yes: My team and I thank the WIT for allowing us the opportunity to compete. It was a tough couple of days of fishing and mother nature was not at all cooperative. Bait everywhere but hooks were spread thin. A lot of of top names got skunked and let them tell there own take on the conditions. I am surprised that there where not any incidents with the fog we battled through as well, although we got a upclose and personal look at Free Spirit and Thrillseeker as they broke through the fog. :o

Hopefully with 3 weeks from the Niagara Pro/Am the conditions and fish movement will allow for a competitive event.

See ya'll at the Pro/Am. :yes:

Howie

By far WHI is the best tournament on lake ontario. Kevin and company did a great job putting it on. As for the fishing it was poor indeed. There were plenty of kings around but they were just hard to turn like vinny said. We figured out friday that fishing the shallows was pretty much usuless due to all the bait. So we went deep and it was all about finding temp and fish as there was some bait out there but not nearly the amount there was in the shallows to compete with.

It was a great tournament and many thanks to kevin and crew for a great time. Thursday it was pretty rough in the morning but we managed to tough it out and finally found some kings that were willing to play. So now I have a plan for big fish Friday. Hit my way points Fri morn and right off the bat got on em. We had a great day nothing but kings. Only 1 fish under 10lbs. I'm stoked for sat until I saw the fog! No radar so it was a long run to my weigh points. Finally got set up and in less than 5 min wham! Big fish on. Ended up about an 18lb Atlantic. Crap! 5 min later another screamer on. 20+ lbs at the net. Got wrapped in the 2 color core and we botched the net job. Doom and gloom sets in. Deservedly so as we only took 1 more king and it was too small to box. Done. Tournament over. we had a great time and actually had some good fishing when the weather allowed. A call to Atlantic towers and radar will be installed soon. It cost me. Can't wait to do it again.

RR

As most have said, first class event like none I have ever fished. Kevin, Rick, Billy and all others involved....you did an amazing job and our team personally thanks you for the opportunity to fish it. You guys should be very proud of what you accomplished. Only cooperative fish and warmer weather could have made it any better. The organization, the rules, the format, the banquet...all top notch and well planned.

OK, the fishing. We were fortunate to make the top 10, but the 3 days prior to the main event were brutal! We eventually realized we spent too much time fishing shallow water and the bait was to abundant and concentrated inside. Those fish were well fed so we moved our game to the deeper waters and finally started moving the occasional rod.

Since salmon are cold blooded, they slow down their heartbeat and breathing in cold water. They don't move around as much and digest food much slower in colder water. It may take a salmon as long as three days to digest an alewive in cold water, were as in the summer months it could take as little as 6 hours. Finding warmer water and more active fish was key and we all found that to be easier said than done.

There are plenty of hooks around, so the fishing should explode any day !

I want to start by saying it was a great event! I loved the this is a big boys tourney so if you cheat you are DQ'd End of story Idea! I hate sitting through a 3 hour captains meeting with all of the what if's! Good Job Kevin!

I fished with Mike Levander and we ended up 11th with 2 fish and that was a big suprise for us! I want to say thanks to mike for letting me crash on his boat for the 4 Nights! Sure helped the expenses!

I was also very glad to meet a bunch of new people and a bunch who have bought from me in the past! It is always nice to shake a hand a put a face to a name! I also want to say it was nice to see that everyone out there was polite and just out to have a good time! You guys on here and in the wilson area showed this Indiana Boy a good time! I will be back next year for those big Fish! Just hope they chew a little better next time!!!! Ryan

Well Ryan, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time on Lady O in some very tough conditions. That being said (and I mean this in good fun and sportsmanship) ....being a Big Weenie Team, I am glad that we were the ones to knock you out of the money :yes: Hey Gary...do we get a prize package for that :rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe some jackets so I don't freeze my arse off next time at the banquet.

Just busting your chops Ryan.... :devil: Good job & better luck next time :beer:

Its cool man we all know that it was not much of a fly bite unless you can count the 28# Lake Trout we caught on my nuclear Sleez that took a Dump ALL OVER the back of the boat! And I do have photos, pretty frickin funny! It was rought throwing 3 Lakers back on the day of a tourney! 28#, 26# and 15#!

Hey man there is not doubt the Big W. and Atomik stoff all work great! Just trying to get my little slice of the Pie! And to Tom I am glad I got to meet you this weekend just wish I would have ahd some time to sit down with you for a minute! I had to leave after fishing on Saturday since I did miss my anniversary on Friday so I could fish the Wilson! Man that was not a cheap move on my part! ;)

LOl...like I said Ryan, I am just busting chops. I consider both Gary and Tom friends, even though they are competitors.

We all get along and have mutual respect. I'm all for little guy (as you call yourself) as long as they go about it the right way. I will leave it at that.

I do agree that both Big Weenie and A-Tom-Mik make great flies. The fly bite was not great for us, but we did take one of our 6 kings boated Saturday on a Big Weenie Proctologist. Also lost a PIG king on friday on that same fly due to equipment failure. Tuff bite no matter what you threw at them.

I took the time to personally thank Kevin and his committee for the invitation to participate in the WHI. Team Double Play struggled early Saturday morning. We went back to the Canadian side of the river in front of the Welland Canal after the decision was made that the fog was unsafe around the bar to fish.

The fish were there in Canadian waters like the day before but, just like most the field it was almost impossible to move the kings. We ended up with 1 16lb king with 3 others waving bye bye.

Congrats to the top 10. Nice to see some of our Canadian anglers again.

Happy fishing the rest of 2011 and safe boating!!!

Dave Hoffman

Team Double Play II

Rod you guys did a great job as always. Congratulations on a Top Ten finish. We appreciate you working with us and we really enjoy working with you guys . . . we always seem to have fun no matter what. Last tournament you sent us a pic with your pants down and now you guys are holding hands in the latest pic. We're thinking instead of jackets we're going to send you a gift certificate for a weekend in the Poconos LOL. Once again, Congratulations Team Oh Baby!

Lmao Gary ! We do have a good time ( mostly at my expense). The season is still young my friend, hopefully the best is yet to come.

I am already looking forward to the WHI next year. This season has been so much fun !!