Wednesday morning Jason and I arrived in Wilson to do some pre fishing for the tournament. I had a couple buddies from PA come up and we were on the lake around 9am. The East wind was already blowing and the waves were building but we headed east towards the bar. We fished for a few hours and got some fish Kings, Coho’s, and a nice Steelhead. The ride back to the launch was a long wet one running into the waves.

Thursday morning my father and the crew arrived in town and we headed west again. The wind was still out of the East, but was nothing like Wednesday. We found some active fish out in 220 to 250 fow and put some Kings and Coho’s in the boat. The biggest king went 21lbs and took a DW spoon on a 300 copper.

IMG_7101.jpg

Big fish Friday we couldn’t find a king over 13lbs, we worked the same area and took small Kings and Coho’s. All of our fish were out over 200 to 250 and came from 40 to 100 down. We did take some fish on failure bite run on a big weenie bait head, with a big weenie flasher. All the other fish came on Warrior and DW spoons. I never got a fish to hit a flasher and fly once in four days. Between Jason and me we ran the crap out of them with no luck. We did feel like we had a good spoon/bait program going for Saturday.

seansalmon.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

Saturday tournament day we were off in the Fog with the rest of the boats. I had wondered if I would ever get to use my broadband radar. We never shut it off Saturday and without it we would have had a mess. We never had to get within 1/8th of a mile from another boat with the radar. As for the fishing we hit two Coho’s first thing on the riggers then that was it. I couldn’t put a king in the boat to save my life. Besides the poor fishing the Tournament was great. Kevin and the rest of the folks involved deserve big thanks for all the work they did to put on this event. The dinner was first class and we all had a great time. Jason and I cleaned up big time at the Chinese auction. I won a Cannon Mag 10 rigger, Two Okuma Clarion Reels, a marine radio, $100 warrior spoon gift certificate, and the Tri-State Taxidermy gift certificate. Jason won the two Trax Tech rigger rod holders and two cannon rod holders. It was like Christmas morning. I look forward to such a great tournament in the future.

Nice report and nice fish... We couldn't do anything Wednsday either, small coho and about a 10 lb Laker that's it.... Even if the fishing was slow the auction and dinner made all your hard work worth it sound like....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png