Cayuga 5/14

Fished with Jason "Zebedee" on Saturday morning north of Deans Cove and the fishing was SLOOOOOW. 5 - 6 hours on the water and a total of 3 fish. Best one was this small brownie that maybe was 2 lbs or so. Very pretty fish but not very big. We started out fishing south of Deans on the Western shore and water was very cold on the surface and down deep. It was about 38 degrees on top. Moved up into North end in about 150 feet of water and found 42-44 degree water on top and down deeper. Marked lots of bait and lots of fish. Couldn't get any takers except a small LL salmon that we lost at the back of the boat.

Decided to change up our program to a Brown trout program. Headed to Eastern Shore in 20-40 feet of water flatlining and fishing shallow. Finally got the Brown to go on a 2.5" stinger spoon, mixed veggies color, on a slider down about 15 feet right in the prop wash. Also caught this small laker flat lining a jointed stick bait. Very strange day on the water. We couldn't get anything going and everyone I talked to out on the water was having similar results. Marked a lot of fish and bait but none of them were hungry. Both fish were released to get bigger!

Did talk with the "Hanna Marie" and they were having about the same success. Most everyone else was pretty tight lipped but i didn't see any nets out.

brownie_small.jpg

laker_small.jpg

Ditto Stoutner. Seen better days. Got a few fish and kept one for dinner.

I wasn't smart enough to finish my day near Long Point so getting back there from above Levanna took awhile with the no wake restriction :doh: . It was like dragging 1k lb weight behind the boat.:sleepy:

Ben brought the cooler hoping for one for supper. After sveral hours with no fish we thought we brought the skunk with us. Started at Sheldrake ,water temp 41 worked our way to Deans cove and we picked up a laker. The temp was 48 in that area. Marked lots of fish deep 175 to 300 foot deep. They didn't seem to like this front. We always have lots of reasons that we don't catch fish :lol: Lots of crap in the water. It seemed like more than a few weeks ago. Wes

WTG! Great report! Tite limped :o I trade hotdogs and hamburgers for good intell on the water :lol::lol: No joke! I'm the going to be the boat ,during the B&B, out on the water that smells like a BBQ. With any luck that will be where the fish are. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wasn't smart enough to finish my day near Long Point so getting back there from above Levanna took awhile with the no wake restriction :doh: . It was like dragging 1k lb weight behind the boat.:sleepy:

What Stinger didn't say that the 1K lb weight was the STRIKE 3.He towed Cyn & I from Levanna back to Long Point.He has pics but was too nice to post them........Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

What Stinger didn't say that the 1K lb weight was the STRIKE 3.He towed Cyn & I from Levanna back to Long Point.He has pics but was too nice to post them........Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

Zeke, don't tell me that after all you went thru you got bad fuel in King Ferry? (I know it seems nuts but I'm a firm believer in running my kicker off the little tank and I never fill both tanks from the same place!) Glad you got in O.K. -Andy

Zeke, I think we saw you guys. We were talking about how evenly paced you guys were trolling until we realized you were being towed. From a distance it looked like you were side by side.

Wayne,

That was some TOUGH fishin! Good for you for throwing up a post though. Shows we take the good with the bad! Had a really fun time...I got a couple of those Mixed veggies on the way to the house...that 1 little spoon took 3 out 4 hits on a tough day!

-Jason

Hi Wayne...i beleive that you guys were in Aurora Bay....maybe in Trophy.Are you guys fishing the B&B this weekend?We still have a shot for the boat to be ready..............Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

That was us that you saw when you were being towed back. I can't fish the B&B because I have a meeting in Chicago Friday and Saturday. I'll be back Sunday around noon and am hoping to get out Sunday later in the afternoon/evening.

I sort of forgot about the no wake zone and may have violated it!!!!!