wire and slide divers??????

TB, I use slide divers on wire rods. I terminate the wire to a small welded ring that I pinch into an oval, then I terminate about 50' of 20lb flouro to the oval ring which passes thru the slide diver. I have a swivel tied in line about 6' from the lure so that the slide diver will not slide all the way to the lure. The small oval ring will pass easily thru the guides and level wind. Eric

yes you can. tie tie wire off to a #8 (50 lb test) spro power swivel Use the same wire know that has been posted here before. That swivel will slide right through the guides and level wind onto the reel, then add 40-50 feet of 30 lb mono that the slide diver will run on. I add a bead shain swivel on the other side of the slid diver. Then I just clip a slider leader onto the bead chain when I fish with it, easier to store that way since you can reel the diver right up to the rod tip and not have the loead hanging off of it. You can set the slide diver anywhere on the mono, that short length of mono in front of the wire won't have a significant effect on the depth you can get with the wire. Best of both worlds.

Tim

like I said to the queston of slider on wire ' no' you always add mono or 50lb or bigger pwr pro after that and run it after the wire just as the package recomends ,or better yet run all 65lb pwr pro with slider when fish are 100ft or above and youll never need to release a slider to bring a rigger fish in been doing it for 4 yrs now with same pwr pro same knot and swivel keeps your dypsys down when your still in the hot zone but im just a plummer and,