In-Floor Fish Box

bout time

I have a trophy 2352 with 2 in-floor fish boxes. When it rains they both fill with water. they both drain to a catch basin and get pumped out but I was wondering is this normal. Can I put some kind of rubber seal to prevent them from collecting water? What about other boats with floor boxes, do they collect water?

'Bout Time

Mike

Our 240 coastal does the same thing. Often wondered the same thing about sealing them up. It will be interesting to see if anyone has sealed them up. When ours fills up it runs out the deck drain at least. I think the box will hold about 35 gal though.

My larson has the same problem. I drilled out a hole plumbed a drain line that runs down bilge and I have the option to screw a piece of 1 inch pvc pipe into the hole so it will hold water if I want.

I received this reply from another site that I posted the same question

"Mike

I have a 2352 and had the same problem. As was stated go to the hardware store and pick up some weather strip. I used 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick. A ten foot roll is needed for each side. Place the strip on the high part closest to the fish box not in the trougth. At first it will hold the cover up a little but soon settles down even. This stopped the water going into the box from the rain and when I was the boat.