stacker releases

What is the best stacker release. I use blacks releases off the ball but I don't like them for stacking applications. Any suggestions. Thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Scotty cable pinchers are cats azzz :yes:

Just don't forget to stop the rigger if its powered or it'll put a hurt on the cable....it slides down but It's not cool. Put a stop bead on the cable above it so that doesn't happen.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Don't make this a coated cable vs Fish Hawk debate please... but

How do the Scotty stackers work on coated cable? Do the pinch pads or the snap cause any damage? I have the X4 so I don't run coated cable but I was wondering because I thought about using them occasionally on a buddy's boat that runs the Depth Raider. Would they or do they damage the coating?

Andy...Not Sure about the coated cable. I run the x-4 as well. I can tell you that you can really load up the rod on the stackers. I like the rod tips at the water, and ripping the fish's face off on the release....LOl....I think you would be ok on the coated cable. It seems pretty tough. As previously mentioned , I would just keep an eye out for the release when brining up the ball.

Yeah, I use them often on my boat. Just never on coated cable for that reason. I don't want to screw up anybody's coated cable and I don't know any better since I don't use it myself.

I use the Scotty's all the time with the exception of Chamberlains on Oneida for walleye. Riggers and big boards for lead and copper.

• 2 weeks later...

when the fish are aggressive instead of using a stacker i will drop the ball 10ft apply a rubber band and then put a cheater above it so then you know your lure is 10 ft from your down depth eliminates tangles and another rod set up