I just bought a couple R & R spoons and I notice they dont use a split ring to the main line. Do you guys add a split ring or do they work without one? Im used to always having a split ring on my spoons. What do ya think? BP

no rings on mine tho im a firm beliver in them as i have had landlocks on seneca jump and spin more than once destroying my swivel on other brands ... never had it happen with a ring.. after hooking my 18th place salmon was 12th for 3 hrs,on a R&R grape dot water_____,there s gonna be a lot more R&R's in my box soon..

R&R's are fantastic spoons, by far and away the best producers for me. I read somewhere that if a spoon comes w/out a split ring don't add one and if it does don't remove it, same goes for trebles v. single hooks. You'll get differing opinions on that.

BTW - I don't add a split ring to the R&R spoons :lol:

DAN

Obviously I'm in the minority here but I always put a split ring on R&R's, Nks & everything else that doesn't have one.

Re: split rings, a lot depends on the type of snap you use. If it's well rounded, the spoon action won't be interfered with. If it's a tight fit or on the small side, it will interfere.

I also have a whole box of trebles that were relaced with single point hooks. A spoons "wobble" is limited by the amount of weight it's pulling through the water. A single point will give you more wobble at slower speeds without rebending it, although at the "standard" speed (if there is such a thing) the spoon may spin uncontrolably.

BTW, R&R does a really good paint job, provided the spoon doesn't get bent in half to many times by "dem dair beasties."

Tom B.

(LongLine)