Offical 1st Announcement Sandy Creek Shootout 2011

The derby committee meet tonight and started to finalize plans for this years Sandy Creek Shootout. The format will be very similar to last year with a fee exceptions. The offical rules and flyer will be coming in the next week or so.

We have already doubled our sponsors from last year and will be adding more. Here are some of the early details, more to follow.

Date: July 23, 2011 (Weather day will be July 24, 2011)

Start: 5:00 am, End Approximately 1:30 pm

Structure/Prizes: Largest 4 fish combined weight per boat, 2 men minimum per boat, 8 rod limit, 100 % Payout, Largest Salmon, Steelhead and Brown prizes.

Entry Fee: $ 100.00/boat, Payout for top 25 %.

Fishing will be limited to Sandy Creek only this year.

Start making your plans now, last year we had a great turnout despite the bad weather. This year promises to be bigger and better with more prize money and sponsor gifts.

Please feel free to PM me, ScottB or Legacy with questions.

Also, IF WE DON'T have a blow day on saturday, we are gonna run a "winner take all" big fish tourny on sunday. Much smaller fee and little bit shorter of a day. We'll except entries at the "Shoot out" weigh-in. We may have to have the sunday weigh-in someplace else though (no big deal). Hopefully this idea may attract some fishermen from a little further away, so they can make it worth while to travel. Could be a big payday for that lucky angler! :yes:

hey scott.....since we won't be able to go out of braddocks this yr. i was wondering if the marina where you guys keep your boats has a launch that would be open for the partipants of the events ? i don't think the regular guys are going to be able to fish it due to the date change but i would like to get in with mary ellen. the public launch can be a zoo at that time of the day and who knows how long it could take to get out. she wouldn't be too happy with me if i couldn't get her to the weigh in on time to cash in all those big lakers and browns she is gonna get... :)

All three Sandy Creek Marinas have agreed to help in any way they could with the the tournament including dock space, launching, overnight stays, etc.

Pro Marine and East Fork Marina

Tom Barbara (new owner)

236 Lake Rd east fork

Hamlin, NY 14464 

(585) 964-2694

737-8499

Sandy Creek Marina

Bruce Butcher

8 Lake Road East fork

Hamlin, NY 14464-9704

(585) 964-8189

Sleepy Hollow Marina

Frank

200 Lake Road East Fork

Hamlin, NY 14464-9708

314-3569

will their be a 4 largest men per boat prize???? Tom,musky,jason and me boys put the feed bags on now were gonna smoke the derby,,,,,hmm talkin to jerry after the winter feed he might be a large obstacle ,,, :o ,,,,,,naa larry and chad wont break 200lbs togeather. :lol: