shark downrigger weights

Thanks for the input. I Think I will try them out. Also, thanks for letting me squeeze in at the gas dock in sodus saturday night. I tried that knot for the wire you told me about and you were right it is easy and beats having to crimp.

Billy V, i was looking around and i see some different kinds of those weights and prices. Any partucular ones you would suggest. I see some large price differences. For example shark canonballs are running for around $94 a piece. i assume there are probably similiar ones to the shark's that are just as effective and better on the pocket book. thanks again

They make a black one that runs just as straight and true as the chrome or gold ones, but costs a lot less. Check here for prices, etc. http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store ... eights.htm

I run the 15# during the summer & fall when we have to fish really deep to help cut down on the blowback on my cables. I run the 12# all spring & early summer.

Thanks again for help I am going to order them tonight and try them out out the weekend after next. I have been putting off buying these for a while and now i am regretting it especially last weekend fishing the pro am and having to let out 150 ft of cable to get to the temperature break

• 3 weeks later...

I have chrome and gold, and even a few that I've painted black. At this time of year I run a 15# chrome Shark down the chute with my probe on it, then I run 12# black Sharks on my out/downs. My center rigger (which is almost always my deepest) has easily been my best producing rigger the past several weeks (even last weekend when the fishing was slow, which that site says isn't supposed to happen!). Go figure....I mean I've never denied that I'm a fool! :lol::lol::lol: