Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS Fished Thu. Fri. Sat., and had lots and lots of fish on...thursday was very good with large fish taken. I wish we had those bigger fish on Sat. with us being in the little Jons brown trout derby. we did hit a few nice browns on Sat. but dropped them at the back of the boat, biggest looked like 10 plus. Placed 8th overall with 6 nice fish, not to bad for 45 boats... Friday had a family from Pa and it was 2 hours before we could get all the rods out, the fish kept them busy. The big story was the FOG!!! Fri. we had sunshine for the first 2 hours or so and then, pea soup fog, I mean at one point we could not see our planner boards. Lucky for us not to many boats around. Sat. the same thing, The sun came out about 11:30 or so and the fish turned on a little. Funny thing sat. when the fog rolled in, the fish shut off big time, so we changed things up and kept a slow pic going. Lure colors changed with all conditions, sun, green water, dirty water, heavy fog, it all made a difference, kept us busy changing up, lots of spoons working now..

oh, I wanted to mention something that happened today, in medium fog, I was 3/4 through a turn, and this little boat was going the same way I wanted to go, I spotted him in time to turn even sharper. I thought he would slide out just a little as not to run over my board, but no, he was on a straight line and would not move an inch, He even yelled at us stating he wasn't moving. My mate Mark pulled the board in some or he would have run over it. My outside lure was not so lucky, it caught his rigger but somehow we got it back. WTF???

I guess it gives us somethng to talk about..

Capt. Dave

====================

Nice job! There is always at least one dick out there, last year when the salmon were in heavy I was out trolling and there must have been 50 boats out that were trolling east west direction but 1 stubborn SOB refused to in a small boat and trolled north south. When he got near my boat he refused to turn even after hitting my horn and damn near ran right in to my boat if I had not turned in the last second. Needless to say I had a few choice words flying out after that one.

That small boat probably thought he had the right to keep fishing the depth he was going, he didn't know he should move out into deeper water to make room for a big boat to fish the depth he had been fishing.

The 2 things that erk me about that boat was the fog, we did not see him until it was too late, all I could do was turn even tighter. We told him we were heading back in tight, and he still would not budge.

But, you know what? The fishing has been so fantastic, this little blip means nothen. Oh yes, As a captain, I can't spend time screaming and cursing at the top of my lungs with clients on board. We just shake our heads and (keep Catching Fish), LOL

Two weeks ago I was fishing in Mexico Bay, no fog, no boats behind me for at least two miles, one boat ahead a couple miles going the same way as me, I was zig zaging into seven feet and out to fifteen. The only other boat in sight was coming the other way out deeper than me. he turned around ending up right beside me, trapping me in seven feet of water. I didn't say anything, just slowed down and went out behind him, but every time he does that he makes one more boat develope littleboat syndrome.

Under normal conditions, I probably would not have moved for you. I feel that if you know where I am and can see where I'm heading and you turn into me, its your fault and you should adjust. Other boaters would learn the wrong lesson if I adjusted for them in this situation. The repercussions of a bad choice on your part should be yours. Saying that, the fog really changed things - it was a wild card!. No one could turn without the chance of finding someone during mid turn (radar equipped aside). In fog such as what we had, everyone must be prepared to avoid other boats emerging from the mist. Everyone needs to be as polite and considerate as Chip and Dale because we couldn't see much. In this instance, boaters should understand that no one could properly clear a turn and we all rolled the dice. I adjusted for everyone and for whatever reason last weekend. I could barely make out a boat in the fog, much less see what may have been pinching him on the far side. When boats come out of the fog 100 yards away, everyone must be prepared to adjust! The guy was very inconsiderate, thoughtless and probably a jerk.

I sure would not have been happy to be out there without a GPS and auto pilot. There was no real wind to give a sense of direction. It is hard to troll a straight line staring at a compass.

I was surprised by how quiet the trout were during the heavy fog. I figured they would be active. A lesson in that. I didn't fare well during the tournament (22nd out of 45) but had great fishing the day prior to and after the event.

How many of you were using your fog horn as required? I used mine, but I didn't hear any other fog horns. I'm sure some guys thought I was honking at them when they were in sight. I kept my spotlight on as well.

Speaking of fog, 2 Septembers ago, there were some foggy days, and we were coming out of the Big Salmon, lights on, and these freakin' flogs, were pulling across the mouth, maybe 10 yds off/behind the rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

I yanked the wheel to the right, and ended up right next to them.

They looked as if they were surprised that someone would be coming out.

Couldn't believe they'd be trolling there, blocking vessels from leaving/entering??

I guess that some cannot be refered to as "thinking men".