Cayuga Spring B&B Reel Obsession report

What a weekend :yes: Finally got the boat all back together with new toys installed :inlove: We did not do any pre fishing but I had a plan and stuck with it. Steve, Josh, Paul and I launched at long point and set up in the fog right off the point and trolled north so I thought. :( I was setting up rods and and some tangles with the core but by the time I got that all fixed I checked on are progress N and found that we had already traveled a mile south :lol: In all fairness my Lowrance HDS 7 is still out for repairs. I stole my dads cheap hummingbird fish finder for depth. We also had my iphone with the Navionics ;) It was a great day. It was one 8 pounder after another we pulled in. I lost caught of how many we pulled in but it was unreal. We landed 3 over 9lbs and also a 10.2oz laker. In the morning. Some how we managed to forget the ice while I was filling up my truck and boat with gas :@;( After josh weighed in we headed back out and nothing but small 4 to 5lb lakers with the the occasional 7 to 8lber. White bluedot spinny paired with blueddolphin fly, green spinny paired with proc, and some small spoon that I lost ;( produced most of the fish Saturday. We must have landed over 30 lake trout Saturday alone. most were breaking 7 to 8 lbs. Its one of my better days on Cayuga as far as quality fish goes in numbers.

Sunday- Weather was completely different. South wind and overcast. Steve and I trolled out of longpoint to the west shore and produced some decent lakers. We then went back and picked up josh and paul and hit a few more laker and then nothing for a couple of hours. We were fishing new areas looking for the big ones and did not find them. We slowly trolled back to the North end into our honey whole and FISH ON! We were landing fish about every ten to fifteen minutes. Couple of doubles. Next we started to fish the outside of the honey zone on the way back and then Steve hooked up on the dipsy with 5th place 10lb laker. We had about twenty mins left so we trolled a little longer only to loose a dipsy on the wire. A fish hit it and then it broke off on the knot on the wire :o Not sure what happened but that never happened to me before. The hot stuff for today was AtTomMiks new Shocker spinny combo, Protroll white green dot paired with atommiks green white fly? and some other random spoons in green color. Both days we trolled 90 to 160ft down over 120 to 400+ FOW

Josh placed 3rd with 10.2 Lbs and Steve placed 5th with a 10lb Laker. Not bad at all for a 109 entrie tournament!

We had a great time. These lakers were fat. Josh's fish had a 7 to 8" brown trout in its stomach :o

Here are some pictures of this weekends trip. Condgrads to all who fished! WTG

fishing_photo_003.jpg

fishing_photo_005.jpg

fishing_photo_007.jpg

fishing_photo_009.jpg

fishing_photo_012.jpg

fishing_photo_014.jpg

bb1.jpg

image.jpg

You did Awsome Rob! To place two fish in a 5 place payout is great. I love the picture of the hot dogs grilling lol. There was another boat out that we though was you untill we passed it, I almost hit you on the radio to see if we could send a planerboard over and have you throw a few franks on there for us lol. The rocket launcher and kicker are a great addition to your ride. keep it up :yes::yes::yes:

rob, great report! glad you have the boat back in order. hopefully your HDS is on its way back. that GLP arch looks sweet and i love the grill! best, mark

Love the grill install- drop us a link to get one of those babies, eating on the water is half the fun! Good to see the kicker project in the flesh too, glad to see it 's working out! -Andy

P.S. we left at noon but at that point you were on the board -CONGRATS!!

Thanks everyone! Ben you got me thinking now :talk: I can build a mount right on top on the planer board and send it right out :lol:

Mark the HDS should be here today! They are sending me a brand new one but a few days late :(

Chowder, I love cooking and fishing! I will send you a pm tonight on how I did it.