A nice Rochester King 5/21

My son, his buddy Jack and I got out Saturday morning around 7:00 and trolled the area from Russell to Long Pond.

We wasted over an hour going for browns in the mud from near shore out to past 30 feet of water. We headed out a bit and got into some kings in 45-60 feet of water off of Crescent Beach.

We went 1 for 2. Jack landed this 21 lb female that hit a NK Magnum Die Hard behind a green dipsy out 120 set on 3 (around 40 down) over 54 feet of water.

JacksKing21lb002.jpg

We lost another that spooled us -- it took a Gold NK Magnum Natural Born Killer behind a yellow dipsy out 110 set on 2.5. The first run went out to 475, then the second went from about 350 out to 600, into the mono backer, and 'bink' went the mono and bye bye fish, wire, dispy, lure...

Also snagged a HUGE alewife (a good 7" long). Must be why the mag NK spoons were working!

We all had fun. Back at the dock by 10:30. Good first trip of the year.

Off to buy some new 1000' spools of wire...

JAM

Nice report! Hopefully one of the boys was on the rod that got spooled :o . There might be some good "the big one that got away" stories tomorrow :yes:

Shawn

Nice to see that there are a few kings around, Jammer I can't help but ask, why would you only have 600' of wire if it came in a 1000' spool ? I've always but the whole thing on a 47 lc and NEVER been worried about being spooled... yeah I've had it out over 800' but when that happens your always runnin it down.

Steve,

I know, I know...

Last fall I lost a bunch of wire on that reel and didn't really know how much. I thought I could get away with using it "for a while"... that lasted about 45 seconds.

I need to be better about keeping a full reel. 50 bucks a crack to respool makes me think about it though...

Live and learn!

JAM

50 bucks a crack to respool makes me think about it though...

Live and learn!

JAM

Man that sucks :@:@:@ , but trust me we all learn form our mistakes. Some times we can learn from other peoples mistakes too. Spool it back up and have at it. Don't think about how much it cost or your gonna make your self sick .... wire 50, dipsey 12, flasher 10, fly 5 yeah I feel your pain