RANTS about some Crazy A## Boats in Rochester

I thought of dropping one of those dummy gernads on one of those bad boys deck But!!! ssssome poor slob on board would jump overboard and not be able to swim :( . There was three charters out of Catfish creek that ran 34fters that thought it was fun to crowd the small boats out.They laugh about it on the radio. They started to push a friend around and he got on the radio and told him if he didn't back off he would shoot a flair in his cabin. He never bothered him again. I'll bet Muskie Bob knows who I'm talking about. Maybe he's not old enough. :lol:

W.W.IV. That would be a good way to start World War 4,but I must admit that I have seriously considered that option myself.

to go with what hooked up said its interesting I have a small boat and so spend more time on the fingers than lake O I have had many incidents on lake O espicially with a few charters. I have a small boat so everyone in a big boat thinks i'll just move but its made of aluminum and if it sinks I can replace it for less than it would cost them to fix the damage to theirs. plus when you get pushed between a boat and the pier i'll take the boat anyday. That aside on the finger lakes I have had almost no problems. even fishing in crowds where people get close because of no choice nobody purposly cuts each other off and overall are a lot more curteous. Maybe its a country thing were just lower stress out here.

I am glad you guys so vividly remember these situations, since I do not. Believe me, the risk to my charter clients will alway be minimal in any situation on the lake. Conflicts between boats have always been an issue when they both want the same water and will continue to be an issue in the future. I have over 25,000 hours fishing on this lake for salmon in 30 years and have been pushed off of water by some of the best charter captains (old school guys who also believed they owned the lake) and from them have learned well how to hold my ground. Some times it will cost me fishing time and gear and some times it will not. I just want to mention how many times captains find a spot and every eager fishermen in a boat moves in to crowd them and hamper their ability to fish. So it does work both ways. Hell it just happen this weekend when a charter captain found fish and called 3 other charter boats to his spot (me being one of them) and the next thing we knew every boat in the vicinity was coming to crowd us. So bottom line we do our best for our clients and that is our job. As far as what people say behind my back, personally I could care less, it has very little impact on my business success, since I run plenty of charters , as many or more than most, so I must be doing something right. At this time in my life after all I have contributed to this fishery I feel comfortable in my situation and no one will impact that.

Wasn't you Bob...I guess it's not REELY that EASY to call out without offending the innocent. That's why I didn't bother a month ago until I saw this post. Tank

About 2 years ago their was a charter capt. With quite a "legacy" that wanted us to take a picture of each other on the water. As he approuched from the rear port side we took pictures. All of a sudden my leadcore went a little crazy. By now he is past us and my lead is now going towards the front of my boat! He swears it is not caught on his riggers, but when he pops his last rod my spoon is on his line! Doesn't the jerk cut it off and throw my leadcore out of his boat. I get my core back with no spoon and he proceeds to put my spoon on the end of one of his rods and nails a king on it. I've never been so pissed! That a-hole always leaves quite a "legacy"!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

sounds like something "Grunning greble" ,would do....keep yer eye out for a heavly listing boat herd that guys does a lot of circles...think the list is kinda like a worn out mattress,, just so much weight on one side for so long it ant never going back..

About 2 years ago their was a charter capt. With quite a "legacy" that wanted us to take a picture of each other on the water. As he approuched from the rear port side we took pictures. All of a sudden my leadcore went a little crazy. By now he is past us and my lead is now going towards the front of my boat! He swears it is not caught on his riggers, but when he pops his last rod my spoon is on his line! Doesn't the jerk cut it off and throw my leadcore out of his boat. I get my core back with no spoon and he proceeds to put my spoon on the end of one of his rods and nails a king on it. I've never been so pissed! That a-hole always leaves quite a "legacy"!

Sounds to me Scott like somebody "Robbed" you :lol::lol::lol:

About 6 years ago I had the same deal with REELY CHEESY.... We were fishing off IBAY in about 40fow and he got his lines wrapped up in my Planer Board, he pinched me between boats and I could not go anywhere.. It was a "Mud Chicken" sandwich... He unhooks my planer board from the tow line and tosses the planer board out in the waves like it was garbage and it starts floating towards Canada now we are in like 4 to 5 foot waves and I am trying to have the guys watch the damn board so I can turn around and try to net it to get it back..... I remember calling Steve Drave on the phone and hes like "I know where he docks if you want to come say hi"... Visions of jail played in my head so I declined the invitation and said one of these days I will get even with that dude........... Why can't we all just play nice..... Woody.

LOL :yes:

Actually the government is thinking about using ray as a TOOL to keep the asian carp out of lake michigan. They want to lower him into the canal at the first barrier in hopes that the carp will swim backwards.

Actually the government is thinking about using ray as a TOOL to keep the asian carp out of lake michigan. They want to lower him into the canal at the first barrier in hopes that the carp will swim backwards.

hahahaha

For the record, I wasn't talking about RAY being the tool.

Ray's " TOOL " is what keeps everyone's attention to his presence in buffy mode. Don't get near the hairy guy with the blow up dolls. Most skippers would crash their boats on the rocks to avoid permanent eye damage.

I haven't had a real problem fishing out of Roch unless you want to count that Fast Fairy fiasco; the concrete ship in the fog; those morons that cruise within 100 ft of you throwing a 3 ft wake; a few ragboats every year that sail real close to see if you're catching anything (while your fighting a fish solo) and of course the rest of the ragboats that set up their race course where you're fishing, just as the bite turns on.

:inlove: them all....

Tom B.

(LongLine)

My favorite is still when I was a kid in my dads boat during the fall run when everyone was trolling the river mouth and they set the sailboat racing bout right in the middle of it. Or when anchored fishing perch and the put the racing bout 20 yards away and had the nerve to yell at us for not moiving

Hey guys I too deal with the same thing. Its called the lower niagara river. You name the guide they are down there and they think they own the launches don't move out of the way its unbelieve. I was cruising down the middle of the river at least 150 yards from shore and guy starts yelling at me to slow down as his boat is boucing along a wall he is not supposed to be tied up to. I throttle down being nice guy I guess as I could barely see the guy on shore. 20 mins later a boarder patrol guy comes running down the artpark stairs stating he was told our boat was running back and forth from canada suspicously. GEEEZ I wonder who called that one in. Needless to say the boarder patrol guy apolgized and told us to have a nice day.

I understand there are jerks no matter what you do but I have had too many indedents where the Lunds boys think they rule the roost. No matter if you have 100 boats trolling East to West there is always 1 guy who has to go north south... :o

Heres the photo of the knuckleheads on tug boat:

IMG_1094_1.jpg

Please pardon me for posting a photo upside down. I gave up trying to get this photo fixed on my brand new laptop.

I would really like us to put a close on this chapter and get our minds focused on fishing. I am for being respectful to fellow fishermen and I can only hope for the best. Yes, you get to cross a scumbag from time to time. I am more grateful knowing that we have many good gentlemen out there like the guys at LOU.

Be safe and best of luck on the water for the upcoming long weekend.

LMAO from this topic! Great stuff. I too fish the fingerlakes and I have not run into a single troller that did anything wrong it my book. I fished last falls B&B on Cayuga we had a crowd fishing in a tight group with very little issues. Some how I did manage to catch a guys leadcore :lol: on my center rigger. How it missed all my other lines beats me. :o After some comunication on the radio we mananged to save his leadcore and continue to fish.

As mentioned in earlier post sailboats and other pleasure boater on the other hand :@ Need to edumacate themselves on boating navigation laws and have some common curtacy. ;):lol: