The overhand knot is fast and easy. It is Plenty strong enough. Having a loop to connect it to the spin doctor makes it easy to switch out the fly or the spin doctor to match the days productivity.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

with the overhand it also alows for a tight connection to the spinny for the best fly action

gives it a better whip makes a big (not hudge) difference in action ...as does the stiffer line used by the "pro" (not me tom).....Tom pretty much has a proven,tested,tested,tested....fly setup,line combanation bigger or smaller line does not work as well as the factory setup....At least for me and trust me ive experminted with many novel (ok maybe stupid) different things over the years for that newest secret thing..............I now own more atomic flys than one man should,BUT FOR A GOOD REASON........ ;) They work and when I spend my money time and effort to fish I want catching into the trip.. In OMG 10 years (time flys no pun) ive been skunked 3 times...partly due to Toms research on Lake Ontario..

Yep!!! I loop it around so it winds up double on the snap. When tight it whips the fly better. Make the loop about 2 to 3" long when you tie the over hand knot in the doubled up leader.