henderson shipping lane lakers

just wondering if its too early in season for shipping lane laker's in the Henderson area? I have also read that early season shoreline planers around galoo island will also be good. any input or recent report would be greatly appreciated

thanks

chris

A friend told me he got some lakers at the Lane during the Henderson Derby. They were not as thick there as usual but there were some there. They were on the bottom as I'm sure most of the ones on the finger will be. That shoreline laker fishing at Galloo used to be smoking hot quite a few years ago but I haven't heard anything about it in recent years.

Chris-I was @ Bath Truck caps on Saturday-the owner had a coupla buddies fishing in Sandy Pond and they were smoking the browns and walleye in the pond. Spoons flatlined behind boards. I am heading up to Oneida and Henderson starting Thursday.

Walteye

BTW- I see your from Wind Gap-I am from Bangor...

i was getting them in 40-45 fow near the bottom on a glow white e-chip and big weenie oily stool fly

75 feet behind the rigger

if you dont have gps with contours be very careful of the rock ledges in the area around the lighthouse

I'll attest to that! Almost lost a rigger there several years ago. It can get you fast there!

Chris-I was @ Bath Truck caps on Saturday-the owner had a coupla buddies fishing in Sandy Pond and they were smoking the browns and walleye in the pond. Spoons flatlined behind boards. I am heading up to Oneida and Henderson starting Thursday.

Walteye

BTW- I see your from Wind Gap-I am from Bangor...

Bangor, i hardly know her! HA! ya know I'm a local with that comment.....Bethlehem PA I was raised. :)

Headin up to Angel rock Cottages in less than 3 weeks, gonna fish the St lawrence and ontario....appreciate all the info.