Hudson Stripers with Ray K/ Pics

Steve and I were fortunate to have Ray K. take us to the Hudson for our 1st time and we had a blast. Weather conditions were tough do to the wind and thebite was slower than on Rays last trip but we still managed to catch quite a few fish and even let a few bigger ones go that later we wished we had kept. I let a 30 in go in the 1st 3 hrs of fishing. What I liked most was catching these drag screamers while adrift rather than fighting fish up the back of the boat while trolling. Thanks Ray for showing us the ropes. :beer:

Strper_11_006z.jpg

strper11_012z.jpg

strper_11_013z.jpg

strper_11_015z.jpg

Another thanks for Ray, good trip, tough conditions and great results. Like always, experience is the most valuable asset going. It was a pleasure to be on your boat, learned alot from you and will remember it for a lifetime. Thanks again, Steve

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

hmm ill start a list of great material I heard mentioned by these two.

#1.as i laid asleep peacefully on my side i felt you pokin me in the back........... :lol: ,naa that statement alone has so many options and interpatations, its best to not even mention that... :lol:

#2. (pizza head ),na inside joke that would take to much time to explaine .

#3.( Rod Hog) hmm with that one applying to a 250 pluss person with the grace of a shackled balerina dancer on a rolling fish slimed deck ,ok ok i gotta hose down finish eating my 3rd meal in the last 2 hours and clean a couple fish...........I might have you two regriting who you meet on the internet yet.... :lol:

PS.gents the pleasure was all mine,we even had a great fish dinner when I got home(bought 3 at Dougs) :lol:

oh and as i came around the corner 200 yds from my house a car came down the middle of the road and i had to swerve to miss him ran the r/f trailer tire over the curb,bent the rim and ripped the tire :devil: ,almost was a cheeper trip than last week :(

Ray, We gave you way to much to work with in the ball busting dept. but that's par for the coarse for me. Still was a good time. I just had my 1st meal of striper and it is hands down the best fish that I've caught, that I ever had. Baked it butter salt pepper lemon.

It stayed firm like lobster and I ate it as such with melted butter. WOW!!! Again thanks for everything and next time I'll bring you premade coffee so we can do a little more fishing and a little less camping on the boat. :lol:

Man im glad you mentioned the lobster thing ,"rockfish" (Chesapeak term for striper) makes the best "poor mans lobster" tho if your lucky enuf to find this fish in a store its 2x the price of lobster (bout 20.00 a lb),,,,next time it will be a little more camping with a pan of boiling water and some butter while fishing...

PS. found this hudge set of sweat pants in the van , says made in russia by olmar the tent maker....must be one of you guys . their is a laundrymat down the street that has one of those mega washers ill clean the racing stripe ,and stinky sweatshirts too PM me a addy to send them............unless im forced to take another trip to the hudson to return them to you guys..........now thats a story the wiffy will belive :lol:

Hey Cuz the first time brother Stan and I met Ray K was at Catfishcreek gave him and his crew some of Carol's home made baked beans..............

RayK.jpg

PS. found this hudge set of sweat pants in the van , says made in russia by olmar the tent maker....must be one of you guys . their is a laundrymat down the street that has one of those mega washers ill clean the racing stripe ,and stinky sweatshirts too PM me a addy to send them............unless im forced to take another trip to the hudson to return them to you guys..........now thats a story the wiffy will belive :lol:

Think maybe they are his.............. :lol: he was "Musky" size then............. :rofl: