Scotty power grip release location on torpedo weights?

I'm back on this again. Clip the release snap to the top eyelet where the cable is tied? I don't like attaching it to the eyelet on the tail cuz when there is current it seems like the weights plane around but maybe that's my imagination?

Its not really a good idea to attach the release to the downrigger weight. It does take away from there planning capabilities. Remember you want to load the rod as much as possible while salmon fishing and you will pull up on the back end of the weight when doing this. I dont load the rod as hard while brown trout fishing because of there soft lips.. If you dont want to clip the release to the swivel add an extra and attach it there.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in the mix but we been running atomic torpedos with Scotty releases off the tails for a long time without issues.

13's down to 200 + fow. 4 riggers off an 8 foot beam.

Maybe just lucky.

Had problems with Sharks and pancakes.

No problems with balls or torpedos.

Glen

There is that monkey wrench! This could be another to each his own topic! I ran 13pd torpedoes forever and I did attach the release to the back until I read an article on this. One day in super clear water I loaded a rod and watched the weight about 20 ft down and noticed I was pulling the tail of the weight up. I run 15pd Sharks now and they dont have a hole in the tail. Of course this could depend on how much you load your rod. Everyone does that differently. I use capt jack releases for kings and I load the rod so there is nothing left. I also put the rod as close to the water as possible. Most of the time I have to help the kings get the lure out of the release. Since I started doing this our hook up ratio has increased dramatically. Especially in the fall when there mouths are turning rock hard... Just something to chew on! See you this week Glen!!! Its time! 8)