Braided Line Question

Well I have to admit that I have always stayed current on the newer trends in fishing but totally dismissed the braided line when it got hot a few years ago. Now I think I'm ready to give it a try but I have no idea where to start. Can someone suggest a good all around braided line that I can try for Bass/Pike/Walleye fishing this year? I figure its worth a try to rig up another rod and reel with this stuff and see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks in advance and happy fishing!

power pro is a great line ,little (lot) pricy but the rod i spooled with 7 years ago is still lookin good 1st 100 ft is a little hairy (slight fuz from twilly wear),but never had a knot fail tho every year i retie the end swivel (dypsy rod) for inshurance..

No streach is any "BRAIDED" lines good side for good hookups when longlining.

I would probly never replace my mono for rigger use with braided ,but next year in fla.ill have 2 or 3 reel setups for trollin(longline) big king mackeral them things have a way of spittin a double treble balleyhoo rig as fast as they hit it.................but not next year :lol:

On the Inshore fishery in FLA , a guide told me to use 15# Power pro w/ a 20 lb Flouro leader years back . Won't go down without it. Works great. I use a 7' med action spin down there, Jigs mostly. Use the same up here for Pike & deep water smallmouths w/ a 10# leader. No strech & great hooksets. I don't really like it for Casting reels w/ spinnrbaits or cranks. Ray's right, the Power pro is worth the money. Lasts forever,wears like Iron, and you can feel the fish breath on the lure. Down there I buy a 150yd spool & split it for 2 reels over heavier Mono. Not great for lightline jigging for me , I still prefer mono for that& casting spinners & cranks. Tie Reverse Albright pro to leader 2-3'.

I've tried both Power Pro and FireLine, Both seem to be pretty tough, but I think I give the edge to PowerPro.

My main application for warmwater species is on my "frogging" rod. I Love topwater bite from bass and pike, and have found that a Ribbit dragged across salad is a great producer. For frogging I use 40# Power Pro on a 6.5' MH baitcasting rod with an Ambassadeur 5 reel. The braid litterally "cuts" through vegitation, helping get the fish up after a hit.

I've heard good things about using braid on diver rods too, so that will be the next application I use Power Pro for. In addition to not having stretch, braids also have the benefit of being about half the diameter of the same weight mono line, meaning less drag, deeper with the divers than mono.

I've used Fire Line and Power Pro and have learned PP is better in my opinion. I use PP on slide divers and have spooled my rigger rods with it as well. I tie on 30 to 50 yards of Big Game at the lure end to keep fleas off the PP. I've been spooled to many times with straight mono on rigger lines so, I wanted more backing. The PP allows me to put over 1000 feet of line on my 47 Diawas. I replace the Big Game each season and the PP will last many seasons. My pike rods have braid and I've never had to replace it.

Yup, its true. You can feel a fish sniffin your stuff with it, then wait for a dink and.........WHAM you hammer him! Not sure how many fish i missed before it but, totally different feelin the bite with it. I like power pro and spider wire stealth, wall marts got best price on stealth. Get em!

I've tried a number of different braided lines. PP is a solid line although there are better ones. Stealth Spiderwire is superior feel and casting but is not as tightly braided so might not last as long as PP. Suffix 832 is the best I have ever used so far. It has some unique features (a goretex thread being one) that makes it totally different to other braids. It is the only line available with 8 threads and 32 braids per inch. All other lines cannot be braided this tightly, they will break themselves off. The goretex thread is what allows this.

Unfortunately, the 832 is usually the most expensive line.