Flasher Fly storage

Looking for some better ways of storing flasher fly combos and keeping the boat a little cleaner. Looking to see how you guys keep everything organized. Do you take the fly off, or wrap the fly around the flasher, hang them up? Hows everybody storing their everyday flies.

i have a flasher file for my flashers and a tube file for my flies. The flashers and flies that im not using or not tied up to my rods i separate...flasher in the flasher box androll up the fly leader and put the flie in the tube with the leader and hook and beads all rigged and ready to go. You can get the tube file and flasher file from gander moutain (in tonawanda) or many tackle shops i bought my flasher file at fat nancys. Dream weaver makes both of them so you could order one online too.

I had the same issues, tried wrapping around swim noodles as some other recommended ways and always got tangled. I just picked up some Plano tackle boxes model 2-3730 I believe and they seem to do the trick. Just wrap your fly leader around your flasher and it fits nicely with the 8" sized flashers like Spin doctors pro trolls and hot spots. I believe the were both under $6.00 each. I have two boxes , one for low light conditions and early morning, the other bright sunny days. Making it easier to find what your looking for. I know there are some other alternatives that may be out there, but this seems to do the trick.

Flasherflyboxes.jpg

Flasherflybox.jpg

I use the roll up version from cabelas. I think it will hold about 10 spinnys and you can roll the leader up with the fly still attached. It has clear plastic on the inside so you can see all the spinnys when you unroll it.

It works for me.

Thanks for those pictures Ray! Now I have a defense when my wife is yelling at me for having too much fishing tackle I'll show her your post. A lot of people have way more. I just picked up another 12 flashers pre-season on a steep discount that I haven't paired up with flies yet that I still have to add to the rotation. I'm getting there slowly but surely. By the way what model Plano box was that? It looks like it's a little better fit for the flashers and not as much wasted space?

the flasher storage first 4 i got from dicks several years ago for 16.00 each ,then basspro got some for 22.00 think the last couple i got were from gander,,,,the old ones from dicks were the first i found and the "slots" for storage were just a tad narrow and if ya ant carefull sorta pealed back the stick on colors ,the slot problem was quickly addressed ( by some one :lol: ) and shortly a extra 1/32th of a inch was added as suggested..as ya see i keep the old standby flys attached for starters . If ya noticed it dont take much more than gr/silver/wh/and maybe a few dots to keep the fish in a playfull mode..

PS. if ya need some backup support on spoons to the wife, i can go to wide angle shot at the spoon boxes i got rid of a few hundred but still3 or 4 um hundred to go .........."hey mister wanna buy a spoon"

Ray's boxes work great. I make my own dividers by ripping a cutting board, cutting the slots in them & screwed them in. Also I use tubes for flies. (but make sure you have some vent holes in the caps so residual water can dry)

Ray - Do use a treble or siwash with that bait? ....Actually I find cats make great tire tread lubrication.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Ray,

I agree on the color comments. You really can't go wrong most of the time with about a 1/2 dozen of the basic color schemes. I think the rest were designed to catch us fisherman because they look so nice. I'll pass on the spoon offer I definitely have more that don't catch than do catch fish consistently. ;)

• 4 weeks later...