Species Breakdown:1 laker 8 kings

Hot Lure: wonderbread nk 28 w/wonderbread dipsey

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 250-120

Lure Depth: 60-15

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================Got out and headed straight for deeper water. Setup and ran two dipseys and two riggers. Started out in 120 and trolled north didnt see anything till we got out too about 200 fow, then we slowly picked away. Only 2 king were in the teens and the others small, laker was about eight pounds. 40 feet up seemed to be the ticket exept our biggest king was taken on a green dot spin doctor with green glow fly. Craziest thing happened though and i couldnt beleive it...we had just caught a fish and i was putting the spoon back out, it was out about 30 feet and i was looping the line to put in the release when a good size king wacked it while it was in my freaking hand fluttering on the surface in 240 fow! Of course it broke the lure off and i watched it torpedo around the prop wash and surface trying to get the lure off. Was a beautiful morning out there too.

I had the same thing happen two years ago in close setting a j plug. I was just putting it in the release and wack, I was using a dipsy rod with spider wire it made a heck of a cut in my finger. I thought I snagged up till it ran scared me ha ha.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

hmm" high and tight " , or "in the wash",or "doing laundry" are some of the terms youll hear this time of year just for that reason ,keep something 5 ft down 15 ft back (fixed or main..)..if ya got 3 or more riggers set up a " trap " spread.................Even 2 riggers with a drop weight down the chute will work