No Comm Agreement Proposal

As a follow up to the now ugly thread about comm.

This is it: The tournament commitees will not agree to close comm. for there reasons. They have their reasons and rights to do this. Right now, we have to play by their rules or don't play at all.

I will take Bob's and Paul's offer to formulate a closed comm. agreement for the Niagara Event and see how it is received. I have had passionate discussions with Vince and we agreed to put something together for the event and ask for the tournament committee's acceptance as well as all Tam Captain's participation. I have yet to find a cptain that favors open comm., so I will assume, most if not all will be Ok with a closed comm. proposal amongst the players.

In a nutshell, it will be for the team captain to accept and take responsibility for keping all communication closed from start to end. Observers to maintain control of all comm. devices and to watchdog suspiscious activity.

There may also be an award offered to anyone that can prove that comm. took place during tournament hours. (Even tho the pro-am committee will not be able to enforce or be involved)

With that said, we know it may occur despite agreements and efforts but that captain is risking his and his teams reputation if he does it. That reputation (if caught) will follow him/them around and it will be up to ourselves to make sure that "they" and all future cheaters get the message from us, their peers.

Ultimately, if it is accepted, we will be much further than we are now and it will prove to the pro-am commitees that this is really desired by us.

Based on what I have been told and by what Paul has written, the opportunity is ours right now and the door is half open. IF WE SO CHOOSE.... :D

So, Vince and I will go to work to put something together for the Niagara County Event.

I hope the participating pro team captains can agree and spread the word about this possible change amongst ourselves.

Just to clarify, this is not a proposed rule change by the counties or commitees, this would be an agreement between ourselves and unrelated to the event rules.

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

I hope the participating pro team captains can agree and spread the word about this possible change amongst ourselves.

I would hope & expect the AM teams are included as well Pete. We don't need any further segregation. Any possible future rule change would effect both divisions, so all parties of interest would I hope, be included.

I spoke with Jeff and he was in agreement that our team will gladly sign on at the captians meeting, reguardless of other teams involvement :yes::yes:

Splashdown in 3 days :clap:

I have worked thru the night coming up with a proposal. After careful editing and re-editing the rough draft, my proposal is such......" There is no communication between boats during tournament hours. Anyone caught communicating will be DQ'd and will not be allowed to participate in future events." My consulting fee is in the mail :yes:

Rod, I have not seen much on this subject from the Am division and did not even think that was a possibility. My bad.

V-man and I will be finalizing something early this week. Non to complicated but a C.Y.A. agreement.

Its not as simple as iy you communicate, you get DQ'd. The Pro-AM Committee and Counties will not enforce it and want to stay out of it. So.... Its more of peer group thing. we will be covering the bases tho.

If you and a couple others are willing to form the AM No Communication Committee, then have at it. The document will cover both divisions. If there are Ams that don't want it, it may cause a monkey wrench or maybe not? I am willing to sign and abide by it even if every Pro does not. My choice.

Keep ya posted.

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

Is there a way we can get the names of teams that have entered the AM division? If so what about contact info for those who are not LOU members?

My team is signing it regardless as well.

Shade

Pete,in all do respect, the open communication is the main reason we are in the AM side. We are little guys that work Monday thur Friday and fish the weekends

when we can. We would like to go against the big boys and have but found that we

are at a disadvantage for the open communication rule. I would like a committee to be formed for the ProAm tournament not the Pro tournament. I think

reason why you havent heard from AMs is because we try to practice no communication anyway, not because we have to but because we don't have anyone to talk too. I hope your doing this for the

tournament sake. If you include the AMs in your rules and not forcing us to form our own committee that will give you another 25 -26 teams that will be easy supporters in your case in Niagara. If you leave it to us we might doing something if someone wants to step up. Just food for thought!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Icefrog,

We all need to support Petes and Vinces efforts. There are only one set of rules written for both pros and ams. The biggest problem with comm is in the pro division. There are Pro teams helping AM teams during the event. This is just the beginning in trying to get the agreement into a rule. We as AMs can sign the agreement during the meeting to show our support as well. Do not be supprised if some AM teams do not sign agreement. If for what I here ALL the pro teams are in agreement ALL com from pro teams stops. Lets see what happens in 3 days. This should be an interesting meeting.

Shade

Shade, I apologize if I misspoke. I support No Communication. I was confused why the AM have to form their own no communication committee separate from the PRO's?

Your right, we will decide whether to sign at the meeting. But I'll say this, I'm not going to sign it if your the only AM team on it. I try to use open communication as a tool. You said it yourself, as well as others, that the Am's talk to the Pro's and the Pro's talk to the Am's. Is that wrong in the open communication rule? If you choise to talk to 3 different guys, get 3 different places, with 3 different lures and then what? You still have to be lucky enough to catch them. I like 1 guy and sometimes he talks, but mostly he doesn't.

Like most of the guys, either way I will compete. But if you want my support include the little guys, my money might be in smaller increments but it's still green.

Icefrog,

Shade is not the only AM...our team is fishing Am this tourney and we are signing up. Our team has made a vow to sign a no communication agreement no matter if other AM teams sign on or not....I have said that from the begining. Nobody "has to" sign, but we will all know who does and who doesn't. It will be interesting to see who refuses to throw away their cellular crutch :D

I am unsure why Pete choose not to include the AM division in the first place, but no worries....the AM division will be included one way or the other. We all need to work together on this. Either myself or my teammate Jeff will be at the captians meeting and we will gladly head the AM sign up sheet if need be.

I also want to do what I can to see that the participating (or non participating) teams are posted on line after the Event.

Icefrog,

This was not to purposely exclude the AMs at all. I just never thought about including the Ams because I am focused on our division and I have not had any conversations with AM teams that showed an interest (til recently).

FYI: this form will be able to be signed by both divisions. The rules apply to both. However, there will need to be a AM rules committee to oversee it and deal with any "claims". I see Rod and Jeff want that ball so it's theirs. Vince has obtained a committtee for the Pro's.

It may not be for everyone but there are a ton of reasons to support it.

Hope this response helps.

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

That sounds good Pete. Good job taking control of this. Any other folks want to help out on the Am side, just let me know.

Heading to Olcott....see everyone there!

I'm in favor of no communication, but asking people to sign a commitment opposite the tournement rules that they've already agreed to and paid money to participate in, and then blacklisting them online if they don't doesn't sit right with me.

Unsub,

We do not enter tournaments because of the rules, we enter because of the competiveness. You do not have to believe in the rules, you just have obey them. Nobodies telling our fellow fishermen they have to sign the gentlemens agreement all they are saying is do you agree to no comm sign it. If you want or need to communicate with other fishermen to compete you are in your right to do so by the rule. Many of us believe a no comm rule will draw more teams which will allow teams to use there own skills to compete on an even playing field and allow this event to grow.

Shade

The rules and agreement will be at the pro-am captains meeting. Some will be circulated at weeks end for review and signature.

The agreement and rules have been reviewed by the Pro-Am committee and accepted. Please keep in mind that altho they are OK with what was written and what we are attempting to do, they still will remain on the sidelines in terms of enforcement etc... Also, please know this was not done behind their backs or without some input. The idea was started some time ago but "we" never ran with the ball. It was just time to accept the idea offered and get it done!

It is not mandatory but it seems to be what the majority have asked for so we have a means to accomplish this now. If 90% agree and sign on, we are 90% better off and there will be 90% less tournament teams for the 10% to chat with during the event.

There may be a lot of Questions and most if not all have been addressed in this form and additional Q. can be answered at the conclusion of the Captains Meeting.

For those who have been desiring this, your time is now.

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

Here is the list of pros and amatuers that signed the no communication form, the same form will be available for the Orleans County Pro/Am at Oak Orchard next week. Hope we see increased participation every tourney.

Pros

Maverick

High Voltage

At Last

Billy V

Violent Release

Rebel Charters

Thrillseeker

Vision Quest

Top Gun

Yankee Troller

Lone Wolf

Get It Wet

Tall Tails

Hammerhead

Landing Zone

Free Spirit

Meatheads

Hideout

Dandy Eyes

Time Flys

Desitiny

Hot Pursuit

White Mule

Balls Deep

Cold Steel

Amatuers

Fish Nutz

Thristy Whale

Gill-T-Hooker

Satisfaction

Spoonfed/NK

Lucky Enuff

Hannah Christine

Cold Water Affair

Salmon Obsession

Rock N Reel

A1 Bait

5 More Minutes

Hammer Time

Subject to Change

Underdog

Rigger Tony

Thank you gentlemen for your participation and taking the steps back to the way it used to be

Capt. Pete

Thank you "Players". This means ALOT to those of us that remember how it used to be, and were around when the foundation of of this format was NO COMM.

I feel like when we are at one of these events we are around "the cream of the crop", and you sportsmen and women certainly proved it. It DID NOT go unnoticed the percentage of Amateur teams that signed. WOW! You guys are gamers! Tip of our hats to you!