No Comm Agreement Proposal

ladygill, this is a Gentelmens Agreement, .................take a peek at the weights of this last derby,a good wind will wipe out everyones program, and level the field.

And as far as the ability to comm. sorta helping east guys fish west better visa versa ,,umm yea it Could help......But actually it gives the home port more of a edge..

Lets say yer home port has 5 boats in the derby,well yer a nice guy well liked with 30 friends out fishing that day (non derby) one of yer friends hits the mother load ,wanting to help his strugglin buddy because of a east blow....

Do you think he will get on the radio to help the guys he doesnt know who drive 5 to 15 hours spend many hundreds just to get to the lake and hotel and food bills and helping the local economy at least for derby week?

Or dial his friend who pulls into the slip next to him drives 5 min home to a hot meal,shower,tv,AND MICROWAVE POPCORN AND ICECREAM (the last 2 really hurt).

Imagine a little guy (AM) like me who couldnt prefish ,worked to the last min rushed to the lake (2HR) ,spent more than he should of ,gets beat up by wind waves and rain..Then finds out the winning team "Worked With Their PRO Friend " (or local) Doubles the score over the rest of the field and cleans up at weighin...

How would your attitude be to the Pro / Ams ???

A. Gosh its nice to hand my money to a stranger with local friends. Ill do it again next week OH BOY..

B. This stinks I had a great time met some great guys ,But I'm sick of havin my A$$ handed to me due to a Phone call....Probly will be my last derby..............

But Hey Im justa plummer.................................................

With that said "Osweago here I (we) come" see ya all there and ill have some duct tape on my :mooning: with any luck it wont get handed to me..

PS. ITS NOT JUST A FISHING TOURNEMENT IT IS THE "PRO/AM" ALL RULES FROM THE CAPTIANS MEETIN TO THE LAST FISH WEIGHED IN NEED TO BE ENFORCED.............

Ladyblugill,

You don't have to agree with anyone here but I am not sure I consider this crying or that we need to get "tougher". I think we all want to be smarter with this thing..

so really what is equitable anymore? it's just a fishing tournament. (Not just a fishing tournament-our team invests about $ 1,700-$2,000 at each event to do these. We kind of take them a bit serious. If it were a much lesser $$ investment and time commitment, we might consider them "just a fishing tournament"

do you really think the people from the east end who come to fish the west end tournaments have the same advantage as the locals or visa-versa. (NOPE: it is compounded when the locals can call a well established network and pick the right spots while leaving the harbor.-THUS more of an advantage. I drive from Erie, fish a day or two prior and go and play on the weekend. I DO NOT have the advantage of the locals and have the network to make the call if were on a stroke bite. I pretty much make my bed and sleep in it based on a day or two of prefishing/charters and I don't get out of it because I get "the call".)

how about the out of state fisherman who probably in the current times do more to support this fishery and these tournaments then the local residents, myself include. (I am an out of State fisherman and feel we do our share to support the events, both as a competitor as well as a sponsor)

i don't fish these things but am tired of hearing all the crying.toughen it up and quit trying to promote your own agenda. (Well, I would say if you look at the guys who are in agreement with this, it's a "pretty tough crowd". Secondly, If we don't "promote" what 50% or more desire, then were idiots and we should live in a dictatorship. Just roll over.....I guess thats why we have more than ONE political party in the U.S. of A.)

Shade, Ray and others hit the nail squarely on the head. :clap:

Captain Pete

Vision Quest

Double PS.

Due to the honesty of some of my post I get the EVIL EYE at some at these events.Niagra had a boat who kinda twitched his watch , A screwup that cost his team a place on the board I dont know all the details but "rumor control" confirmed it before the Official decision.

A tournement that Has Its Own Magazine and TV coverage needs to monitor its own rules ,review every form,and enforce every infraction Before signing any checks.....

Im justa plummer savin my money for the next event...........only 23 days 14 hrs and 2 min from starting but who counting :clap:

Double PS.

Due to the honesty of some of my post I get the EVIL EYE at some at these events.Niagra had a boat who kinda twitched his watch , A screwup that cost his team a place on the board I dont know all the details but "rumor control" confirmed the mistake well before the "Official Report" due to the honesty and integrity of the Team Captian.

Well "Rumor Control" had a boo boo stirrin at the Orleans also, but due to the possable lack of honesty and integrity , and some long standing friendships this total DQ rule was overlooked...................I do Not know any of the details or reasoning of this Infraction so again it is totally "Rumor Control" that I post this ..............

A tournement that Has Its Own Magazine and TV coverage needs to monitor its own rules ,review every form,and enforce every infraction Before signing any checks.....

Again I do not know for fact or the possability of a family emergency or another reason this said rule was "overlooked"" or even occured ,Im justa plummer savin my money for the next event...........only 23 days 14 hrs and 2 min from starting but who counting :clap:

What rule infraction are you referring to Ray? I didn't hear of anything and thought the Orleans event went off without a hitch? Please explain......by PM if you wish.