We were on the water by 4pm and headed west toward the beach, set in 80FOW and slowly worked out way out to 150. The temp range was erratic and we had a hard time with the currents when we changed direction. The temp seemed to be better around 150 or so but we saw very few marks on the FF.

We tried all the usual lures, flashers, spin doctors and flies with pretty poor results.

Two good hits on a glow white SD with a glow white echip on a wire dipsy rod, 200 & 225 feet out over 125 FOW. No one home by the time we grabbed the rod.

One nice laker on a watermelon hologram NK28 80 feet down over 110FOW on a rigger rod. one other hit on the same lure but we lost it quickly.

We ended the night by moving in shallow - 65-70 FOW and lenghtening the leads and raising the lures, looking for rainbows or browns, we caught two small rainbows at the end of the evening.

Had a quick chat with Persistance and Bandit, we hope you guys did better then we did...

Mike, off night for me as well. In less than 3 hours we had 6 fish on, only landed one. Not my best performance. We had 2 nice rips on the wire. Green was a popular color for me tonight. Fished mostly 100-150 with most of our hits were in 140. Your right, the temps were all over the place. We did find some nice pockets of 48 degree water west of the creek. Compared to Sunday the temp has moved up. Found 48 deg down 50 over 150. Sunday it was more like 80-90 ft over the same depth....

Nice reports guys! :D

Sounds like you guys were disappointed with your catches thou. Hey, you had some action, landed some fish & at least got out on the water. Sounds like an enjoyable evening. Beats working around the house like I was doing. ;(

GOOD LUCK this weekend all.

LTtroller

(Bob)

Mike and GTN, I was out as you guys might know by seeing Ray's report on my mishap :x :roll: in the AM on Wednesday and found the temp kinda all over the place too. Found 55 - 57 degrees down around 70ft over 145. Didn't mark a lot of fish either. Went 2 for 4 both teen kings. 3 of the fish on the wire w/green MTN dew spin doc and my new green Siggs Riggs fly (name escapes me) out 220 on #2, the other was on the white MNT dew spin doc with a green hypnotist fly on the rigger that just hammered it and went left right to the other rigger before I could say watch out and got tangled in the cable :x ;( All the fish were fought by a real newbie on the boat. First fish was in 110ft of water the 2nd in 175ft and the other 2 were in 145-150foot range. ALL HEADING IN A WEST TROLL, NOT A TOUCH ON THE EAST TROLL :shock:

Some guys came in after me while I was getting my car and told my guy that they had 11 :?:

The current off of Sandy has been really crazy. Do you have a down speed unit? When we were out the other day, on an east troll, I had to bump my speed to 4 mph on the surface to get 2.3 mph on the probe.

We hit fish within minutes of bumping the speed up on the east troll.

Most of our hits last night were also on an east troll. We had quite a screamer on the wire(Siggs Fly, gotta love em) until we had a bite off... I also have down speed and noticed there were some times 3.5 on the surface to get 2.3 down below. If you want to know where the heavy currents are go to http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/ this is a very useful tool in finding strong currents.

GTN

Most of our hits were on a west/north west troll. We have a speedo and gps speed on the boat and guess the downrigger speed by the angles of the cables and the pull on the dipsy rods. Trolling east was tough for us last night to get a constant speed - I think we had to do about 3.2-3.4 going east to get the right pull on the rods.

If out boat was worth it I would get a subtroll or a fish hawk, but it is so small we would have no where to put the screen...LOL

Glad to hear that you did fairly well!!

Sorry to hear about your 'adventure' on the lake fishinman. losing gear is no fun at all..

I was going with the wind on my east troll with my top/umbrella up and would get up to 3.5gps and 2.6 on what "WAS" my sub troll ;( which seemed to be the right speed for the few we did hook up with (had 2 other knockoffs with nothing there but I don't "count" those) but it didn't seem to matter. The blow back seemed top be pretty good on the cables.

Fosterm22, I too have noticed the crazy currents out there. Blows the rigger balls right behind the motor :shock:.

Mike by the way no such thing as a nice laker unless it's in a tournament or derby!