Why RED??

ive noticed lots of recent lake O reports stating that red was the hot spoon color. is this an early season thing? good color for steelhead? never really tried red spoons. best, mark

Try a Buffalo Bill pattern in a dream weaver super slim or Fuzzy bear spoon. It's chartreuse on the rounded side and reddish orange on the cupped side. My best producing spoon for steel head in high sun running shallow over deep water. Those bright colors seem to work for me in June and July the best.

If ya get to know Capt.ron (buckaroo) ya might find 1 or 2 dressed red spoons :lol:

salmon love em in the good green water , when things clear up a bit or ya slip outside of the pea green water then break out the purple.....stick a red eye (hook end) and a tad of lazor on almost any spoon and yer gonna get fish,silver cup is a good thing this time of year too .. think i might invest in purple before gettin too nuts on red..(spoons)

Red,orange,pink are supposedly very visible down to 30' or 40'& maybe 50' too. Coho, atlantics,& bows, which can often be out of temp suspender types seem to 'like' this part of the spectrum, but I think under the right conditions these colors work on all species and much deeper down too. Purple has always seemed to be a go to thing on overcast days for me (love purple diehard & the bloody death spoon). =Andy

Big Dave just let out a secret. Red disappears in the visible spectrum at certain depths, but fish have more cones in their eyes than humans do. They can see red deeper than we can with those uv cones.

Tom B.

(LongLine)