Got out for an annual memorial weekend fishing trip out west to Olcott this year with couple fishing comrades. Great fishing conditions - Overcast, very light winds on Sat and Sunday. Memorial AM was very foggy :@ with short visibility which made it very stressful out there with too close for comfort encounters with a couple other boats and a freighter.

2011-05-29_16-17-28_682.jpg

Fishing has tremendously improved with consistent catches of Kings, cohos and couple steelhead all 3 days. We fished the top 60ft over depths of 200-400fow. Cores, Dipsys, and Riggers/sliders were deployed to entices the fish. It was mostly a spoon bite , but took a couple nice kings on Spinnies and Atommik Flies, and even Cut Bait.

2011-05-29_18-03-33_538.jpg

2011-05-28_09-45-17_308.jpg

2011-05-29_17-30-01_224.jpg

Lots of the fish were jam packed with big alwives and some shiners. We tried some Mag spoons got most of our hits on regular size dw's and stingray size stingers. Consistent green colors all 3 days, NBK's, Gators, and Diehards took 90 percent of the fish.

2011-05-30_11-20-01_456.jpg

2011-05-29_11-54-27_522.jpg

2011-05-29_19-51-49_983.jpg

Good luck and get out there! :beer::beer:

Tight lines to you all.

Cruze Control, nice pictures. Thanks for the info this weekend as it was my first at Olcott and you helped get me out a little deeper on the bigger fish. The best lure I found was a stinger in candy apple. I could not keep the fish off of that one. For some reason the colors with red in them produced best for me. We ended up with around 18-kings, one brown and one laker after fishing Saturday and Sunday. We had many smaller kings and returned them to grow up some day. I really like this port!

Thanks all.

Mark - nice meeting ya guys at Olcott. Very nice port and town to fish out of and have the fish cooperate . maybe will see you guys in Oswego this summer and fall. the Spring BT fishery has been spectacular this year. Can't wait to see the Kings in OTOWN

Tom - Our ATOMMIK fly bites produced some of our bigger fish. Especially Hammer glo.

Great 3 day fishing trip with RJ and the Doctorwiz.

Many highlights and learning about what the Big O has in her.

First day: Doctor Wiz landing a 7lb brown, ~12lb steelie (his personal best) and a mid teens King. How come I had to buy the ice cream?

Another highlight was remembering the feeling of spring King fishing. Especially watching all the jumps and aerobatics on the flat seas.

2nd day: Deja vue all over again but without the drive from home at 3 in the morning. :yes:

3rd day: Fog, fish, fun and chaos. I don't know whether it was watching Wiz land the big King (~24lb) released to fight another day,

The double in the fog with a tangle on the copper and another boat trolling along in the opposite direction all at the same time.

Or the sudden appearance of the freighter in the fog. :sweating:

Sometimes it isn't the wind and waves in a storm that makes you awe Lake O,

but the calmness, quietness, can't see Sh*tness before the chaos, which is another side of her.

Hopefully the conditions remain (but without the fog) for anglers at the Pro-Am this weekend. If it holds the catching should more than make up for the slow King bite at the Spring LOC and WHI.

Great times, tight lines.

Hopefully the conditions remain (but without the fog) for anglers at the Pro-Am this weekend. If it holds the catching should more than make up for the slow King bite at the Spring LOC and WHI.

Great times, tight lines.

From seeing the early tweet results from the Pro-Am tourney the teams did reely well. :yes:

Hope the Kings can find there way east soon enough.

Olcott is a nice place to fish and stay.