Streamers

Reminiscing years ago I used do alot of trolling w/ streamers. They were the tandem hook style and more often than not did well on the land locks. I was just curious if anybody else is still using them. I know I used to fish them behind dodgers, flat line w/ them and my most productive was off the planner boards.

dont use em as much as i should but some of the old timers still run em on seneca they call em mesquitos,the real name was (WOODCHUCKS) invented by walter allen of corning i have a few might stick one behind a dodger again or skip em on the surface next spring in the olcott area..

I have just started to use streamers. Coming from flyfishing and not lake trolling (new to trolling this year) it seems more natural for me to run streamer patterns over trolling flies. I also tie my own so it's fun in that aspect too.

I'm confident with a few of them already so why not? When trolling here I'm targeting LL's... I figure generations of Maine and Adirondack fishermen can't be wrong!

Still use them , and do very well on them. It seems alot of fisherman

have gotten away from them, which I think makes them look even

more attractive to the fish. I wasnt happy with STORE bought streamers,

way too expensive for some hair on a hook, and thru my experience

they are way too big.

If you cant buy what you want make them yourself, they are super easy

to tie. I tie tandems , and you can make any color you want.

I'm a fisherman first , fly tier second. Dont get me wrong I'm absolutley

not knocking flyfihermen or fly tying, what I'm saying is they DONT

have to be as pretty as the store bought ones. The fish arent there

to admire them , they are there to eat.

What Ray said..."the real name was (WOODCHUCKS) invented by walter allen of corning " Wally Allen, boy that name goes back a ways, brings back memories from 70's. Wally and others used a tandem streamer on Cayuga in the Spring for LLS called a "Pinkie" ... flo pink/white hair, peacock herl, with mylar body. Very effective. We had great success in the Fall with speed trolling various tandem streamers and Mooselooks for 'bows. Still effective at times in the Fall. Mooselooks in late Summer/early Fall on wire.

• 1 month later...