Hot Lure: green/silver stinger

Trolling Speed: 1.8-2.3 knots

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 15-25ft

Lure Depth: 5-15 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

===================

Started in 15 fow on north side of stony point. Caught 5 browns from 7:30-9:00am off planers on Michigan stingers back 130-175 ft. biggest was 13.25lbs! Once the sun came out around 9 they shut off. We fished for another 2 hours and picked up a nice steelheed on a blue/silver stinger 150 back near the surface. Great day on the water!

flo,good report! i fish out of henderson also.we have a cottage on snowshoe rd.

the browns dont really shut off when the sun comes up or over that area,

they just go deeper.

i do really well mid day right off of whaleys(spelled wrong but thats how i spell it)

if you have rigggers start out in 35 fow and drop spoons right to the bottom,then bring them back up a few ft. put a small splt shot about six ft up from the spoon and run it about 25 -35 ft from the ball.black and silver,blue silver,green silver all work very well.

also,try running some smithwicks in the same colors down there.

a savant jake 45 micky finn spoon absolutely rocks in that area for me for some reason,try a goby spoon also!

work your way out to 70 fow and troll in a subtle s- pattern.

if you are looking for fun with a differnt species,my friend John and i went into stoney pond this Mem.day wkend and a absolutly slayed the northerns,pickerels and large mouth bass,to the point of losing count after just a short period.

good luck this season! ;)

mike m

from the harbor,go thru the "cut",(get out to about40 or 50 fow or so)turn left,go past the first couple of points,look to your left up on the bluff and look for a gray house with a flag pole off to the front of it.to the right of this you will see some picnic tables.thats my starting point.

i was also told recently that the browns are hitting very well off the stoney light house.

be careful going through the "cut if you have a tall boat,as the water is high and you could damage your top from hitting the bottom of the bridge.

good luck!

mike m ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Mike, I appreciate it! We'll be heading up again next saturday. By then the Brown's will be primarily in the middle depths 40-80 ft. so that's our game plan off Whaleys and stony point.

Good luck out there!

Steve