scotty pro pack{quick draw rod holders}

hi there has any one else used the scotty pro pack from cabelas?more on the lines of the quick draw rod holders.I went out on sat had three rods set ,just put the 4th in turn around to check my position and wham my F%$%^%%$ rod went in the water .I cant explain it and have no idea how or why but it was gone.No problem with the other three,and yes the holder was set up too open towards the boat, not away.well on a good note we did land three 18-20lbs

I had problems with my Scottys yesterday and dipsey rods. They kept popping out of the holder on 2 different rod holders. I fixed that problem by putting a screw through the whole thing so it cant come off unless I release the wing nut. Check my other post on this, it apparently has been a problem with Scottys.

I bought 2 Scotty riggers from Cabela's 2 years also and they came with the Quick Draw rod holders. While making a fairly tight turn to port with both riggers down, the starboard rod holder opened up and came flying back into the boat and the rod almost took my buddy's head off. I super glued them shut but still didn't trust them. I installed a track system this spring so they are sitting in the basement collecting dust......free to good home if any one wants them 8)

Jim S.

thanks guys, i talked too the people at scotty and they want me to send the holders back so they can look at them..with me paying the shipping for them.Ialso taked to cabelas where i bought them and they said they would send me new ones but i dont think that would solve the problem.also i have had these for three weeks and the wing nuts on two of these keep jaming up,my buddy said once stainless gets a little bur on them they are done .any advice on what too do.thanks for the help

I've been running my Scotty riggers for 4 years now and no problems. Mine cam with the fixed position tubes mounted on the swivel bases, which had the rod angle too high for my liking, I prefer having my rigger roods almost flat to the water. Last year they cam out with the extender and adjustable rod holders (both horizontally and vertically) to replace those fixed mout ones, so I got 1 for each rigger (I seldom if ever stack) and after two seasons they have worked flawlessly for me.

I don't know about the quick draws, but the ones I got

096600.jpg

http://www.fishusa.com/Scotty-346-Exten ... VP1UFFEN3D

have been great.

BP never trust your diver rods to ANY plastic rod holders, they put way too much strain on them.

Tim