Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================just wanted to comment on the sad state of fishing going on right now at lake ontario in the fairhaven and oswego area.i fished fairhaven the three days of memorial day weekend. we did well on browns in close the first few hours of the morning and then picked away at the steelhead in 100-200 until approx. noon time each day. what i noticed the most each day was we only saw maybe 8 or 10 other boats each day. it was alittle foggy each day but the lake was flat and there was just nobody around,the radio was dead quiet. i remember 20 years ago comin through the shoot at fairhaven on memorial day weekend and seeing 100 boats.also drove around to the marinas in oswego and most of them are only half full with 10 trailers in the lot.people can't just work day after day,they need yjeir time to play or bad things happen.unemployment,price of food and gas i believe is robbing people the ability to have their vacations but obama says everything is coming along fine.....what a joke...good luck and be safe out there john

I agree and the cost of gas makes for an expensive trip. That's why when I retired I decided to downsize and bought a Lund Alaskan 18' with a 60 HP four stoke and a 9.9 kicker. I have to be a little more selective on my days on the big lake, but if I take 2 buddies we can trailer the boat just about anywhere and get by with not a great deal of expense. It actually cost more to drive the truck to the launch then we burn all day fishing. It's been and incredible spring for the browns. Maybe everyone also got spoiled with the fantastic early fishing.

I noticed the conspicuous lack of boats in front of Fair Haven on Memorial Day Weekend too. Not just an absence of fishing boats, but there weren't the big cigarette boats flying all over the place either. There were actually parking spots at the launch all weekend. Any of the guys with the big 2 engine inboards are probably pretty picky on how often they go out because of what fuel costs right now. a Couple-3 C-notes in the tank hurts. Maybe a lot of folks stayed in because they figured there would be a circus out front on the holiday weekend (it used to be nuts out there). I'm wondering how much had to do with conditions. Lots of rain that weekend, high water, low temps, lotsa driftwood. I know we came real close to saying the hell with camping that weekend when we saw the forecast. Took me all day Monday to clean the mud off everything after camping through all that rain.

Now, on the bright side, it was a lot easier to navigate with planer boards out, without all the extra traffic to deal with.

Noticing significantly less boat traffic at sodus as well. Doesn't help that fuel on the water is nearly 4.50 a gallon. The weather for the holiday weekend wasn't nearly as nice as some would like either. However aside from a few light showers this past weekend was gorgeous and I don't really recall seeing more than a few pleasure boats that weren't fishing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Yeah, the economy is definitely hitting a lot of people hard this year. Another thing to realize, with the boom in cell phones, people are using those rather than the radio, so while there was lots of chatter before, it's quiet now.

i went out of sodus for frist time this year gas prices are a big factor for me past years would have made 2 trips west looking for kings . i live close to seneca lake so thats where ive been playing . but i miss the reel burning big fish of ontairo witch i think is not what it used to be in the east, need the kings to come back in numbers

i went out of sodus for frist time this year gas prices are a big factor for me past years would have made 2 trips west looking for kings . i live close to seneca lake so thats where ive been playing . but i miss the reel burning big fish of ontairo witch i think is not what it used to be in the east, need the kings to come back in numbers

When we launched out of Mexico Pt. on both Saturday, and Monday of the holiday weekend, 4-5 truck/trailers was it.

As a matter of fact, there was 1 truck only on Saturday, when we went out.

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================just wanted to comment on the sad state of fishing going on right now at lake ontario in the fairhaven and oswego area.i fished fairhaven the three days of memorial day weekend. we did well on browns in close the first few hours of the morning and then picked away at the steelhead in 100-200 until approx. noon time each day. what i noticed the most each day was we only saw maybe 8 or 10 other boats each day. it was alittle foggy each day but the lake was flat and there was just nobody around,the radio was dead quiet. i remember 20 years ago comin through the shoot at fairhaven on memorial day weekend and seeing 100 boats.also drove around to the marinas in oswego and most of them are only half full with 10 trailers in the lot.people can't just work day after day,they need yjeir time to play or bad things happen.unemployment,price of food and gas i believe is robbing people the ability to have their vacations but obama says everything is coming along fine.....what a joke...good luck and be safe out there john

Of course it's a sad state. And as long as we keep on voting the way we do, the state will be even worse. 20 years ago folks had money. They wanted "change" they voted Obama. They GOT change...............Happy now???????????????

20 years ago you did not need money, just big Kahuns & a pulse. Started back in the Clinton days boys, people buying much more than they could afford. Now we're all paying the fiddler, or not. McCain wouldn't have done much better,but he couldn't do any worse. America needs a reality check& to live below her means..............FAST.

Let me get this straight, not many boats fishing, in 2000 when Bush was elected with a republican congress oil was $27.63 a barrel, unemployment was 4% there was a $264,000,000 surplus eight years later we are in two wars, in a recesion, wall street colasplised, the houseing market colasped, we deregulated everything they could, unemployement over 8% yeb we voted for Obama and yes we did need change, unfornuatley for this country we should have got it in 2000 but no let the war hawks who sure proteted us from Osma Bin Laden, remember him when he was trapped at Tora Bora but Buba wouldn,t release the ten mountain devision to kill or capture him because we had to invade Iraq, Iraq,l if Buba was president in 1941 when the Japs hit us in Pearl harbor he would have gotten even by invading Argentina, yea I'm sure John McCain and the history buff Sara baracuda would have saved usl, wow.

I am a die-hard conservative, but I don't believe the economy can be blamed on the president. It is cyclical. On average, there is a recession every 12 years and statistically we will all live through at least 1 major depression. Each recession has the same pattern. Time will fix it and that is the only thing. The only real thing we should fear is people giving up on looking for a new job. Our country will fail when the givers outnumber the takers.

yea its a fishin forum and i guess the lack of hundreds of fishermen ,,,struggeling or without jobs all togeather need to hijack and step outa bounds (lou rule no politics) sorta our own little "tea party" :lol:

First we loose "elmo" the tickler (gulp from my hometown)massa,now were left without a Wiener :o ...... yup first Elmo ,then our jobs,no they even wacked our Weiner.....Good news Oblama says Weiner will rise again !!! :rofl:

Oh back to the topic well the fish ant complaining ,maybe they gotts tv down there and are lafin so hard that might explain the off bite for the last few days......I wonder if it will help or hinder the guys who run the "Big Weenie" program?