===============

Total Hits: 3 /11 /6

Total Boated:3 /11/ 5

Species Breakdown: 5 kings / 15 browns

Hot Lure: NK28 Monkey puke & SS green and white glow frog with silver cup

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2 - 2.4

Boat Depth: Majority of fish caught between 40 & 48 FOW

Lure Depth: Average was 30 to 35 down with a few taken higher and one hugging the bottom

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Most of Friday was spent fishing from shore back at the marina catching bass and panfish. The lake finally calmed down so we got out around 4 and landed2 skippy kings and a brown and quit around 8:00 pm. Went back out the next morning and started trolling in 40 to 48 FOW near catfish creek and the screen was loaded with bait and hungry fish. We immediately took 2 doubles trolling when we started trolling eastward in the first 1/2 hour of the day. Surprisingly not many boats in the area for a Saturday. We continued to pick up one fish every time we trolled east. We had 8 fish in the box by 9:30. We couldn't get the 9th fish for the 3 of us until almost an hour later I decided to run a UV Thunderstick back 100' off the ball and dropped it low to the bottom as I headed out to deeper water since the bite slowed down. The rod fired and after a 15 minute battle and surprising jumps I boated a nice 24" brown that weighed 8.5lbs. I was hoping it to be my first Atlantic since I have yet to land one. It was a nice brown regardless, I'll take it.

Outdoors010.jpg

Outdoors006.jpg

We went out Sunday for a quick trip since my buddy had to work later that day and we went right back to the same area. Not marking any bait but did manage to hook up within 5 minutes of trolling westward this time and I let my buddies handle the whole affair from fighting to netting since they say I yell to much I refer to myself as a motivational fishing coach :lol: when a fish is on, well needless to say they dropped the fish at the back of the boat. They should have moved a rod or two over and out of the way etc. and they watched a nice healthy brown spit the hook and swim away into the prop wash. :@ I watched it all unfold and the perfect hook up to landing record go away for the weekend. No big deal. We ended up catching more, 2 kings and 3 browns by 10:00 and headed back to pack up and head home. We released all but 2 small kings on the trip. it seems that since I switched to blacks releases my hook ratio has improved greatly, but with the added snap in my rods going off is doing a number on the fish's mouth also. Unfortunately they worse tore up along with a few browns.

Outdoors014.jpg

I heard mixed on the radio a lot not catching but some were. It seemed like the salmon were staged at the amount of boats that were in the area. At times it seemed as if you could walk across the lake, but no real conflicts or combat fishing going on. I am headed back up again with my son this weekend. I hope the weather will be cooperative.

Great report! Glad to hear the browns are still in the area. We have had a great spring chasing them around and now I just might have to give it one more shot before switching over to other species.

Good luch this weekend with your son!

Thanks I hope we hit them hard again. Unfortunately when my son and father were up the weather didn't cooperate and fishing was not good.

Keith,

I saw you boat was in dry dock. When are you putting it in?

Yes you did. Have you been fishing at Harvey's lake at all for Browns? Maybe I'll see you up at Jon's again when there is a blow off. This weekends forecast is spotty so I just may be in there again spending money that I shouldn't. Take care.

I gave my son my 14' aluminum so I can't really fish back home except from the shore. If you want to fish Harvey's lake, let me know. I have a friend who does well on browns out there.

I gave my son my 14' aluminum so I can't really fish back home except from the shore. If you want to fish Harvey's lake, let me know. I have a friend who does well on browns out there.