Anyone else feel this way??

I got to admit the thrill of seeing a Salmon dancing over the water coupla hundred feet behind the boat and hearing drag pulled out the reel it just makes me smile and the great feeling of accomplishment of getting it in the boat makes my mouth dry and gives these old bones the shakes.

great to see guys again Congratulations I am guessing many have tales to speak of from last weekend see you guys in Olcott

Heck yeah! Have yet to get onto a screamer other than from the shore- but either way its probably the most exciting thing under the sun.. or the moon if you count the nights out on Summerville pier at flippin 3am.

Yes I know what you mean. We where recording a fishing tip of the week in late fall 2009 and still tieing and rigging when one of the lines went off. It happened so fast that I had to slow the video down to see it properly. I hope I am not highjacking your topic to post it.

4mq98-MffIg

The Chinook Salmon is the greatest fish that swims, in my opinion. Locating, triggering strikes, and of course the fight. Life changing. The success of the Chinook program in Lake Ontario was no accident. We got a second chance after Man screwed up the Lakes with the seaway. The Great Lakes Pacific Salmon program puts these magnificent fish within reach of anglers who would have never had the chance to be challenged by them. The Pacific Salmon program must always continue and is worth fighting for.

Every screamer I get on the line still makes a lump in my throat and I can't help looking down at the spool wondering....Do I have enough line on here???

Then when it finally stops (feels like an eternity) I hunker down and relish the fight. When it makes more than 1 run, its awesome!

Matt, gotta admit I LOVE fishing that pier, for even just 1 bite all night is worth it!

Every screamer I get on the line still makes a lump in my throat and I can't help looking down at the spool wondering....Do I have enough line on here???

Then when it finally stops (feels like an eternity) I hunker down and relish the fight. When it makes more than 1 run, its awesome!

Matt, gotta admit I LOVE fishing that pier, for even just 1 bite all night is worth it!

Agreed 100%!

Although maybe this year if you and J want to come up and putz around that area at night or whenever the boat is finally fishable!

To tell the truth, nothing else seems matter when I have ANY fish on the line.

Isn't that the rush we all look forward to?

Put down that can of beer, get your hands out of that bag of chips AND JUST GET THE NET!

That’s the only thing that matters at that moment. 8)

Call me a rod hog or fish junkie, that's what its all about.

I was once called a Fish Dog. Not sure what that meant.

CU on the water.

To me, finding the fish, going the right speed, putting the right lure down at the right depth, and getting the friggin fish to hit is the exciting part. I personally love seeing other people catch fish, especially people who havent caught them before or kids. That is where it is at. The mental game is what I enjoy most. You would think it would be stressful, but I always come off the water feeling refreshed and relaxed.

I too enjoy the fight, but that is such a small part of it...

Ahh yes fishin in a derby when it happens a nice 20lb pluss takes the bait ,the captian reels it in waiting for the precision swipe of the net to end the 20 min struggle. The net man pulls out the note pad and opens to the "how to net"" section just then the wind blows it from his shakin,sweating hands..........................he does his best putting the net in the water as the fishes head approaches,,,,,,,,,,and then,,,,,and then .............ahh who cares :lol: