Holy up welling! All the cold water came up to around 40-50ft. Made for nice fishing today BUT the kings that we marked seemed to have lock jaw. We ended the day 6 for 7. All real nice healthy mature kings. Good set up today was a lemon ice stinger 49down. Mags off the dipseys 110 to 130 on a 2 1/2 set. We were only out till about 0930 and we had to come in for prior obligations.

Any of you guys notice lampreys on the fish you catch? Ive killed 4 in the last 2 trips. I hope the DEC gets on the ball with spraying the streams again.

Anyway we'll be back at it on Saturday weather providing.

Tight lines.........Matt

Unfortunately yes to the lampreys. I killed two the other day that were two of the biggest I have ever seen. I would guess 15 inches or more. I did love pulling them off the big kings and then releasing the fish..Nice!! Tank

None attached, but I'd say that half of my Kings this year have been scarred.

We're overdue for an upwhelling, good to see it finally happened, wasn't looking forward to fishing 120' down this weekend the way things were going! Of course the WNW today will fix that and we'll be back to 100' again...

hmmm lamphrey side contest at the derby weigh ins might wake someone up or get some attention in the local press and the NY newspaper Outdoors News 50 or 60 of those puppys hanging on a board Will get some attention,,,,Lamphrey Calcutta ,at capt meetings.