Chautauqua Tourney Lure Raffle Table

Those who are fishing the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament June 25th,I could use a little help for Lures & Items for the Raffle Table! If each person could bring One Lure or other fishing related item to go along with the items I have we could build a very big prize table.

Please keep trying to get friends to signup for the Tourney also,we need all the funds we can raise.I will talk soon with the NY DEC about our possability of habitat improvement,replanting cabbage & coontail in other places on Chautauqua Lake to have more great places for our muskies to hangout.I stopped by the Prendergast hatchery yesterday and they had four tanks of little match stick size muskies feeding on brine shrimp,they are on their way.

I will see if I can get a few done for the raffle. As of right now I am all sold out of plugs (good thing) but will do my best. I will try to get at least one 8" bait and a few 5" for the table.

Zach,That would be great,having Baker Baits on the table will definately bring out some dollars that would have not been spent! I won four items from the NMA Raffle table tonight,those will go on the Chautauqua Tourney Raffle Table as well.

Capt. Larry

Cool- depending on what I can get done between now and then- I may flood the table with them. It would be good for me to show them to people that may have never seen one.

Zach –

If you want some good promotion, maybe you and Larry can work out some sponsorship package where if the winning fish is caught on a Baker Lure, then that person wins a bonus package that maybe consists of a couple lures from you? Call it the "Baker BIG FISH BONUS".

I have seen this done with many tournaments around Lake Ontario – the last one being the Niagara Pro-Am where if the largest fish of the tournament was caught on a Northern King Lure, that person won a prize package from NK. Just an idea…..

Chad

Good luck getting the 'whiners' to tell you what they caught their fish on. Last tournament they didn't even tell you if they caught it casting or trolling. I think if they take our money, they should honestly reveal how and what they got their fish on.

Same here Ray! It helps clear things up and keeps others from thinking this or that. I say that the winners have to stand up and describe their pattern a little to get the $$$$$. I would have no issue with doing that myself. Chad- how about this,catch the winner on a bait I made and I will give the winner one of every color I am doing in the smaller size, it works out to a dozen baits for free. It would be worth a couple hundred $'s in baits. I just got a call about a nice 45" Wisconsin fish caught on Sunday on a Black Carp color which beat out a 44" that was caught on Firetiger in May for the biggest this year on my baits. I am getting excited about fishing boys and I always get a kick out of fish being caught on them by other people!

Zach - a dozen baits is WAY more than you need to do for this. I was thinking like 3 baits - at $22-35 dollars per bait that is between $66-$105 in prizes.

Ray to your point - I agree it will be tough getting winners to disclose all their secrets (or luck) as to how, where and on what they caught the winning fish. That is why I thought they only have to answer a YES/NO question... did you catch the winning fish on a Baker Lure? If YES - its good promotion for Zach. If NO - its still good promotion for Zach as the tournament participants will hear of the "Baker BIG FISH" bonus prize. Good luck trying to get any more information out them than that right :lol:

Sounds good Chad- if you need anything before the tourney you know where to find me. Baker Big Fish Bonus- makes me laugh a bit. Larry- sound cool? If so lets promote it up!

OK, but at least make them show the lure they caught it on, to claim the prize. That way we can confirm that they actually had one and what color it was.

Good call...i was thinking, what's to stop those who don't want to reveal info from just taking it a step further to claim a prize...and spread disinformation at the same time

We need teeth marks! No question about it! Just in- On Tuesday a 48.5" LSC fish just took the lead as biggest so far this year on a bait I made. $9 Bass does it again, I love hearing about fish getting caught on my baits, almost as much I like catching them.