Sandy Creek Shootout

No real check in. There will be derby committee members at the public launch, Sandy Creek Marina and on the creek. This is a self policed type tournament. The biggest thing in the morning is don't start fishing before 5:00 a.m, you can leave and run to your spot before then but no lines in the water before 5 am. You can return anytime you like just remember you must be in line for weigh in no later than 3:00 p.m. Anyone not in line by 3:00 p.m. will be disqualified, no exceptions.

Sounds like I have two additional targets for the surface to air artillery.....better have your fire extinguishers ready.......incoming! Lmao!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

No worries for the fire extinguisher yankee crew im sure will water bomb em. :lol:

As of Thurs. Night.

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR BOAT NAME AFTER SIGNING UP. I'm missing a couple names.

1. Silver Fox

2. Nothing But Net

3. Triple S

4. My Mink

5. Legacy

6. Missdemeanor

7. Escape

8. Freedom Charters

9. Trophy Seeker

10. Make The Turn

11. The Scottsman

12. Fishing Fanatic

13. Reel Drag

14. Team Edna

15. School Master

16. Mr. Breeze

17. Coyote Ugly

18. Salmonboy

19. Team Pegasus

20. Trout n About(defending champion)

21. Running Rebel

22. AoxomoxoA

23. Sea Sickness

24. Fishlander

25. Papa Joe

26. Blue Eye

27. Tomahawk SportFishing

28. Yankee Troller

29. TBD (Robert V.)

30. Jakey Baby

31. Fringe Benefits

32. JD Custom SportFishing

33. Stand & Deliver

Guys, Print out the rules! You'll be glad you have them on the boat with you.

Also, Make sure you come to the weigh in. Everyone gets a great gift bag and the bottom 5 places that weigh in gets 200' of Blood Run Copper. Captains cove will be spooling the reel you want with the copper,backing and leader for free!

Thank you to all the Sandy Creek Shootout Participants!

Tonight a $100 donation was drawn from the entry fees to help sponsor a local youth to attend Camp Rushford. The donation was presented to the Northstar Sportsmans Club BOD. Northstar annually sponsors 2 Hilton/Hamlin/Greece youths to attend the week-long camp which introduces young people to camping, fishing, canoeing, and other outdoor activities...... It's a great opportunity, and a way to put a hook in the kids with respect to learning about, and enjoying the out of doors......

Thanks! :yes:

Mike

Check it out if you're interested.........

http://www.dec.ny.gov/education/1879.html

This looks very interesting fellas. Ok without me having to read through 8 pages, when is the deadline to sign up? Is there anywhere around there to stay? (campgrounds) (hotels) (fishcamps)? It would just be my buddy and his 8 yr old son out to have fun. Is there plenty of docking? fees?

Paypal by midnight tonight($100)

Hamlin beach state park (5 min away), econo lodge in brockport (20 min away)

sandy creek marina and not sure how much per night.

Take a look at the first page announcement. It has everything you need to know. We will also have a $30 big fish sunday tourny with sign ups sat. at the weigh-in.

We hope you come, You will have a great time and take home some sponsor goodies too!

were comming tomorrow was gonna do cash but just hit pp under wiffys name ,,,,,,,,,,my sons friend just backed out on us(surprise b day party for him( 21) so if ya got 1 or 2 (under 300 lbs each) and their good guys or GIRLS :P they can jump on...........THE BOAT!!! If their idiots send em to landshark's boat :lol:

Landshark, if you are really interested call my cell in the morning, 585-314-6189. We will take cash entries tomorrow. Sandy Creek Marina has dockage as well as a few others, if you just want to trailer, Hamlin Beach State Park would be a good spot to stay as Scott mentioned. Both Scott and I will be around Sandy Creek mid morning. We can get you any info you need. Its a nice little tournament. Lots of the LOU guys will be there, even the big LOU guy Chad (BlueEye) will be there. Now that Ray is in, it's a party for sure. Lots of sponsor gifts and some nice cash prizes, plus a lot of ball busting to boot.

To everyone else, feel free to call me with any last minute questions or if you want to still get entered tomorrow.

So I drove by Sandy Creek last night, and Phew did it smell like a porta-potti! I don't know what it was, or where it was coming from (prolly a Baha), but I know is it will keep me from sleeping on the boat tonight!

BTW......Frenchy......thanks for picking up the phone when I called you last Friday!

So I drove by Sandy Creek last night, and Phew did it smell like a porta-potti! I don't know what it was, or where it was coming from (prolly a Baha), but I know is it will keep me from sleeping on the boat tonight!

BTW......Frenchy......thanks for picking up the phone when I called you last Friday!

Are you talking about a Baha from the Gennesewer River? :D

FYI: COME TO THE WEIGH-IN!

*Every team gets a great sponsors bag

*Door prizes (no cost to you)

*Bottom 5 places THAT WEIGH-IN will get a cert. to Captains Cove to have a reel of yours spooled with 200' Blood Run Copper,backing and leader!

*50/50 Raffle

We will also be giving away: $200 worth of A-TOM-MIK flies for the biggest Salmon.

$200 DREAMWEAVER gift cert. for biggest Brown Trout.

$200 LEGENDARY gift cert. for biggest Rainbow/Steelhead Trout

The winner will receive a plaque with their name added to the list of past winners. (You may keep for 1 year)

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!! The state launch will be a madhouse when you want to come in and pull your boat out! 90 degrees and many Griswald families to deal with. If you are not going to launch at one of the other marinas, please give yourself plenty of time to get out. You will be DQ'd if you arrive to the gun club after 3pm!

Everyone, know your directions to the North Star Gun Club! Don't be late!

Did I say don't be late?

Here are the results.

Trout n About- 115.58

Yankee Troller-112.74

Legacy-110.50

Fishing Finatic-105.33

Misdeameanor-101.71

Silver Fox-100.77

Escape-99.60

My Mink-97.17

Big Salmon- Legacy-26.95 lbs

Big Steelhead-Reel Drag-12.41 lbs

Big Brown- My Mink-13.14 lbs

Big Laker-Yankee Troller- 22 plus pounds, let the ribbing begin, seriously nice laker when he "wasn't" targeting them :D

Thanks to everyone for a great turnout. Thanks to all the sponsors. Congrats to Jason, Trish and the Trout n About crew for putting the smack down on all of us for the second year in a row. Hope to see you all next year.

Our team would like to put in a protest for no prizes given to the biggest Lake Trout. Every other cold water species had a "special" prize. Its like you Sandy guys have no respect for such a wonderful species. That alone may keep us from fishing other Sandy events until the prestigiouness of the Lake Trout is brought back.

LOL...just kidding..im gonna take a beating over this fish......

On behalf of the Yankee Troller tourney team we would like to thank the tourney committee and volunteers. This was a fun event, and seeing a lot of the LOU members was a bonus. Cant wait for next year.

P.S. In the next 12 months please get your misquito population in check.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png