best fishing port

There is no best port, you must be mobil to go where the action is. An 18 foot trailer boat with a two wheel drive truck to get you there at 55 MPH on Rte. 18 with fuel economy will work. If it's too rough out there for an 18' boat, it's too rough for any boat.

Fair Haven has been consistently one of the hottest ports on the lake this year....browns, cohos, steelies, and now the Kings. We've had a fantastic year this year. And as far as a nice place to live, FH certainly is a beautiful, peaceful place.

In all fairness, I have agree with CBish....the best port is wherever you are. There really haven't been any bad ports to fish out of this year, have there???

Oak Orchard is probably the most consistant area to fish year after year. People in the area are friendly and it's a nice quiet area. Might be worth it to you to take a look around there. If it wasn't so far from where I live I would keep my boat there.

Glen

Hasky,

If you are looking for land, the Sandy Creek (Hamlin, Hilton, Kendall) area is nice. Lots of land near great fishing. The Oak is nice but we have more of a variety of fishing. You can hit up the Greece ponds for panfish, pike, bass and walleye, or Braddocks for pike and bass, or head out on Lake Ontario for trout and Salmon. I can go out of Sandy and catch kings, coho's, browns, steelhead and Lakers all in the same areas. Most ports it is hard to find consistant catches of all species in such a tight area. I used to keep my boat in Irondequoit Bay. Most of the time, I could find browns in 50 - 80, lakers in 135 - 180 and the kings, steelhead and cohos would be out in 500' of water.