Honeoye, Canadice, or Conesus???

If you are going to fish during the day I would cross conesus off the list. As far as I know there are no walleye in Canadice. Personally i've never fished Honeoye for walleye. Now conesus at night that's a different story ;)

Tom

Should have said that differently...lol. Yeah, the plan is to troll Erie deries, worm harnesses, and stick baits at night

According to the DEC site, Honeoye gets 8.7 million walleye fry annually(IS THAT RIGHT!?), while Conesus gets an unknown amount......just wondering.

Or any other lakes if they would be a better choice.

Hey Indian, theres so many panfish in honeoye 8mil.fry don't go far. I fished it a lot for gills and got two or three eyes and always wondered why I never marked any eyes off the bottom. we were fishing the west side north of the ranch for gill's and picked up a keeper eye,The wind started blowing pretty hard from the south,white caps on honeoye and what do you think, I started marking eyes 2or3 ft. off the bottom. We set up worm riggs and moved down and started drifting, we boated 8 eyes and lost that many.

So I think the best time to fish eyes on honeoye is a very windy day like a front coming in. Oh a south or north wind might be best. Good luck what ever you do.

I'm not sure about Canadice, but from postings right here on LOU, people have been catching some TREMENDOUS 'eyes out of Hemlock. That's right, Hemlock! They seem to have caught them incidently while trolling for samonids in 35 to 50 fow. Also through the ice. We're talking about 10+ pounders! Verrrhy eenteresting....It would definately (to me) be worth checking out some sundown and evening shallow casting or trolling!!

Hemlock has a boat and motor restriction that prohibits us from going there.

We went to Seneca anyways...dropped one and boated nada! :@ Marked all kinds of fish in 50 to 60 ft and couldn't get a rod to move, washed every one of my flys and spoons...literately hundreds...LOL!

Oh well...still better than a sharp stick in the eye or a dirty binky! :D

Canadice n Hemlock same rules apply...10HP or less, 16ft boat or less. :yes::yes:

Hope it continues.

Was at Canadice Friday night. Very quiet , trolled around with the Terrova for an hour or so trying out the electronics. Marked not 1 bait pod, a few fish along the east side close to the bottom in the 60's.

The launch is much too shallow for my boat.

No eyes in Canadice. Very large bass around though and a lot of pickerel. Hemlock has a few eyes still?? This is getting more n more interesting :lol:

Yes...Conesus at night or Honeoye at night your best bet.