Chaumont Bay & Lake erie

fishon

Was up in Chaumont bay for last weekend in May. Perch bite was great, Kept some huge ones, threw alot back. All on perch minnows, 32 fow

Trolled Cherry Island one nite no eyes but check out the Sheephead pic, (23lbs on a scale)(Thats a big lake erie tuna).Smithwick black and silver, flat line

Fished lake erie on 6-9-10, finally got out for a nite, Fish 10pm to 3am Got a 4 man limit, Some nice sizes ones. sorry for the bad pic. 15-10 fow, all stickbaits

downsized_0529011953.jpg

image.jpg

100_2309.jpg

0530012029.jpg

0530012029a.jpg

That is a monster sheepshead! My buddy who owns the chaumont hardware store holds the state record(24 1/2lbs) you weren't too far off...that thing must have buried the board. Too bad about the eyes, been a tough bites the last couple weeks. Glad to see you got some nice perch anyhow.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] BlackBerry%20Curve.png

My grandparents have a cottage right between fox and grenadier island on the mainland. Growing up i used to be able to catch perch as fast as you could take them off the hook, not so much anymore! Good to see there are still some around! :)

Nice pics, and AWESOME sheepshead.

As a Kid we use to go up w/ the Scouts on a trip and fish beetween& around FoX & Grenader Islands & did well. We Camped on the lawn of one of the kids Grandparents 1/2 way between Scotts & Ponds. Great Fishing & memories of up there. Always did shore lunch one day by that old Ice house on the island. I can still taste how good that fish was. Very weedy back then out there w/ all the prosphates & fertilizer run off.

That Sheephead looks like somthing out off Saltwater !

eye spy, The hardware store is were we get the perch bait, I seen the pic in there of the state record sheephead. The one we caught was very close, As soon as we pulled it in it started too drop (eggs i hope) look like a sausage stick, u can see it in the pic, My friend wanted to take it to get a offical weight but i figured it would be 4lbs lighter, the belly look like two softballs, we got her back in the water. The pole she hit was a 27lc, When she hit it took out to 375 on the line counter. ( good thing it was no smaller of a pole) gave us a good fight i was thinking brown or laker??? Then i seen the circle and big lips!

Carpedium, The perch fishing the last three years have got better, I fished simcoe, erie, Right now They have been the biggest i ever seen in chaumont bay. We been getting them in 30-50 feet, We fish all over up there, but it is always nice to have a good shore lunch with some perch. Most of the ones i cleaned there bellys were loaded with gobies. Cant wait to get back up there.

0107011821.jpg