cross lake 6-10-11

fished from 6am till 1230pm.1 follow of a northern pike and lost one when i set the hook!!!caught a few monster sunnies hiting j13 rapalas!!! the bait was almost as large as the sunnies.a few silver bass and largemouth and a smallie finished out the catching.even tried the ditch and no eyes to be found,,no one else was targetting fish with teeth saw 2 other boats who where after bass...and so long 4 now;john

rainbows.jpg

fished it for the first time last sunday. nice lake but there was absolutely ZERO weed growth anywhere on the lake due to the severe flooding. Water was pretty murky as well but for our first time out there we managed a high 20's inch pike and lost another big girl boat side had to have been 40 inches at least and got one pig of a 4-5 lbs bass which was a nice suprise. No sign of tigers but I have been hearing that most of them migrate into the rivers which probably makes them quite a pain to find.

i would say the average size is 10in some push 12 but few and far in between,
Well, since an 8" one would be big for me, I'd be delighted to AVERAGE 10"! Do you get them on the bigger lures? I usually use a #3 Spinner for panfish, and maybe that's too small. I'd love to catch some bigger ones, because unlike some, I think those silvers are excellent eating. And you sure don't have to feel guilty about keeping a bunch because they could use some thinning out in Cross.

FB, you and I must be catching the same fish. I've had quite a few smaller ones...this year in particular. I think you're on the right track with upsizing your offering. I've caught perch with 'small' musky baits before, and they are always jacks. Same concept here.